- Experience Level
ABOUT TEEN SUCCESS, INC.
Teen Success, Inc. empowers young women who become mothers in their teens to rise above the challenges facing them and achieve their full potential in school and as parents, so their children also thrive. We believe that education is a key factor in breaking the cycle of poverty faced by young families and that with the right support, young women who become mothers in their teens can attain success in school and in life, for themselves and for their children.
Teen motherhood is an intergenerational issue. A child of a teen mother is much more likely to be a teen parent – 70% of Teen Success, Inc. members are children of teen mothers. Alarmingly, 62% of teen mothers do not complete high school which perpetuates this cycle of intergenerational teen parenthood and poverty. In addition, 18% of teen mothers have a second child as a teen, which can further hamper their ability to finish school. High school dropouts face extremely bleak economic and social prospects. These adverse outcomes for also significantly impact their children. With our support, the young women we serve are changing this, with 93% completing high school or its equivalent and only 7% having a second child as a teen.
The mission of Teen Success, Inc. is to help underserved teen mothers and their children become educated, self-sufficient, valued members of society. As part of our intensive, research-based approach, the young women we serve participate in 18 months of one-on-one coaching and peer group learning. They focus on their educational path, develop life skills, deepen their knowledge of reproductive health, and grow their parenting skills, with a focus on early literacy for their children. By recognizing the resourcefulness and resilience of young women who become mothers in their teens, we will open the door for more young mothers and their children to achieve their full potential.
Teen Success, Inc. currently operates programs in the following regions of California: San Francisco Bay Area, Central Coast and Central Valley. Teen Success, Inc. is headquartered in Milpitas, California.
The Teen Success, Inc. Partnership Manager provides oversight, management, coaching and technical assistance to all Teen Success, Inc. partner programming in the assigned region, using data and continuous learning to maximize impact.
The ideal candidate will have successfully implemented and managed youth development programs. She/he will be creative, resourceful, flexible, collaborative and will be able to motivate and guide staff toward successful implementation of program. This role requires a high level of professionalism, emotional maturity, confidentiality, attention to detail and leadership.
Statewide travel is required for approximately 30% of the time.
- Lead partnership program implementation and data-driven continuous learning throughout the assigned region
- Coach, monitor and support partners
- Ensure Teen Success, Inc. partners are following the program with fidelity
- Meet recruitment, engagement and client outcome targets for assigned region
- Collaborate with community partner agencies to raise visibility and leverage referrals, resources and expertise
- Support fundraising activities in the assigned region.
- Collaborate with other Partnership Managers to implement new program sites
- Collaborate with Program Team Managers in maintaining consistency in program implementation and data-driven practices
- Be mission-driven and passionate about the population served
- Interest in improving performance to increase impact
- Maintains a positive attitude, team player, energizes others, and has a sense of humor
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Experience developing and delivering programming for high-risk youth
- Organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated, proactive and creative problem-solver
- Experience using data for program improvement and staff performance planning
- Two to three years related nonprofit work experience
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
For more information about Teen Success, Inc. please visit www.teensuccess.org.
To apply, please send a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications and your resume to email@example.com. Applications are due June 21, 2019. Be sure to include “Partnership Manager” in your subject line.
Teen Success, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. People of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.