Social Worker - Bilingual
3 days left
- Position Type
- Full Time
POSITION TITLE: Social Worker - Bilingual
Supervised by: Director of Education & Outcomes
About the Position
The Social Worker position provides case management support, coaching and counseling services based upon recommendations from Agape team members. The Social Worker will serve as a referral source for families, provide intensive case management as well as develop and implement intervention strategies for students. The Social Worker is required to operate consistently within the program standards, mission, and guidelines as outlined by the Agape Youth and Family Center’s Policy Manual.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build rapport with students and their families, as well as schools and other social service providers
- Provide direct support, coaching, mentoring and intervention to increase youth self-sufficiency and goal attainment
- Complete documentation including, but not limited to: care and services plans, needs assessments and progress notes
- Research and advocate for appropriate public assistance resources for families
- Provide crisis intervention as needed
- Ensure that all case files, and other records, strictly comply with policies, regulations, and procedures
- Supervise social work interns as needed
- Actively participate in ongoing training as needed in order to meet all certification standards and credentialing policies
- Serve as Agape representative in the community
- Conduct small groups as it relates to social and emotional learning
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Graduate degree from an accredited school of social work preferred. LMSW required, however LCSW preferred.
- Experience working with underserved students and administering assessments in a social services capacity preferred.
- Clinical interviewing skills, strong crisis intervention and leadership skills, organizational abilities and ability to be patient and calm in stressful situations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be sensitive to the challenges of underserved families, and have the ability and desire to work with people of different ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds.
- A self-motivated team player with excellent interpersonal and customer service skills to deal with a variety of personalities in a positive manner.
- Bilingual in Spanish
Interested candidates must submit a brief cover letter, resume and three references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
• All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation
• This job description may not be all-inclusive and employees are expected to perform all other duties as assigned and directed by management. Job descriptions and duties may be modified when deemed appropriate by management