Foster Care Supervisor
- Degree Level
Located in Fayetteville, GA, Bloom Our Youth, Inc. (“Bloom”) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to strengthen children in foster care and empower the families who care for them. Bloom’s foster care program is fueled by an outcome-driven, trauma- informed approach and has grown its service capacity 250% in the last 4 years. To maintain our high standards of excellence and emphasis on off-the-charts customer service and family support, we are seeking an experienced, energetic Social Worker Supervisor who will view the job as a higher calling and help take our foster care program to the next level.
JOB TITLE: Foster Care Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Foster Care Program Director
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in social work, psychology, sociology, education, counseling or other human service or behavioral science field with a minimum of two years’ experience in a child placement agency. One year of supervisory experience preferred.
- Must possess a current Georgia Driver’s License, have reliable auto with liability insurance and be able to pass a variety of background checks.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills, computer efficiency, excellent analytical skills, and in-depth knowledge of the child welfare system, including but not limited to licensing rules, accreditation standards and DFCS contract obligations.
The Foster Care Supervisor provides ongoing leadership and a high level of guidance to the Bloom social worker team to ensure that program operations are in compliance with Bloom’s policies and procedures, state regulations, and licensing and contract requirements. The supervisor oversees the day-to-day operations of foster care case management services including delivery of services, implementation of person-centered treatment plans, after-hours support, advocacy, client engagement, and regulatory compliance.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:
- Ensure that the Foster Care Program maintains an A+ Rating.
- Ensure compliance within GA SCORE, GA SHINES, and Asi-Ware.
- Ensure that all case management services are delivered with a high degree of integrity and excellence.
- Maintain foster care census in accordance with Bloom’s strategic plan.
- Provide onboarding and training to new social workers and identify any ongoing training needs of current staff.
- Accompany Bloom Social Workers on visits/meetings to provide feedback and support and serve as a sub in meetings when Bloom Social Workers have a scheduling conflict.
- Ensure that social workers are held accountable for accurate and timely completion of job duties and quality services that are in compliance with DHS, OPM, RCCL and Bloom standards.
- Review and approve monthly reports and service plans and complete quarterly audits of all foster child records.
- Conduct individual supervision, case conferences, staff meetings, case planning meetings, and team meetings.
- Incorporate trauma-focused approaches to case management and coach staff to maintain a trauma focus.
- Provide ongoing assessment of quality care, watchful oversight capacity, and appropriateness of foster and adoptive placements to ensure safety of the children.
- Supervise intake, placement, and discharge of foster children.
- Assist with child placing services including identifying and contacting an appropriate Bloom foster parent and coordinating arrangements between the state placement worker and the Bloom foster parent.
- Assist with referrals and resources for mental health services, developmental services, and other providers.
- Develop relationships with community partners and service providers.
- Establish a formal process for case reviews and information transfer between agencies and referral sources that appropriately meets the needs of those agencies/professional referral sources to promote their professional involvement in the child's treatment.
- Provide on-call after-hours support to Bloom Social Workers and foster parents.
- Complete data entry within applicable foster care program database systems.
- Adhere to all mandated and critical incident reporting guidelines.
- Carry a small caseload for a short time during staff transitions.
GENERAL EXPECTATIONS: This is a full- time position requiring flexibility of schedule. Some weekends and nights required. Travel throughout the metro Atlanta area and surrounding areas.
Bloom offers a competitive salary and benefits package.