Executive Assistant to the President
- Experience Level
TICAS is seeking a talented and committed candidate to fill the role of executive assistant to the President.
The position will report directly to the President and work closely with other members of the leadership team.
The Executive Assistant to the President will be based in the Washington, D.C. office.
The successful candidate will work with the President and the TICAS leadership team to ensure effective scheduling and preparation for internal and external meetings and events; support the funding and grant management process; contribute to TICAS research and writing projects, such as op-eds, speeches, and reports; monitor regulatory and legislative events; support the Board of Directors; ensure effective communication between the TICAS offices and remote locations; and perform other duties required to support the President and smooth functioning of the organization.
The successful candidate will work with the TICAS leadership team to craft and implement strategies for achieving policy goals on issues including equity, affordability and accountability in higher education. He/she will also represent TICAS in meetings with federal executive and legislative branch policy makers and staff, as well as with national experts and advocates. Key aspects of the role will be to monitor and shape legislative and regulatory developments; build and maintain coalitions; and use research and analysis to inform public discussions and policy outcomes. The position will report to the Vice President and work closely with staff across the organization.
- Support the President with scheduling, drafting talking points, first drafts of written products such as op-eds, and briefings for important meetings and other events.
- Support the TICAS Board of Directors including helping to prepare meeting materials, attending board meetings, drafting meeting minutes, and handling related issues as they arise.
- Support the President manage funder relationships, draft grant proposals and reports, and manage grant life cycle benchmarks, including reports and deliverables.
- Monitor and analyze regulatory and legislative developments and ensure effective communication across the organization.
- Analyze, summarize, and make recommendations on draft policy proposals, including on legislative, regulatory, and administrative issues.
- Support work across the operations and program teams, as required.
- Communicate with other organizations to build networks and alliances that support TICAS priorities; identify and recruit potential allies.
- Manage office intern (as needed).
- BA is required and a minimum of two years of related experience or a compelling combination of education and experience.
- A graduate degree in a related field is a plus, but not essential.
Core Competencies for the position:
- Comfort working directly with senior level executives.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Comfort working both independently and collaboratively.
- Passionate team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience in policy research and advocacy preferred but not essential.
- Some knowledge of higher education policy preferred but not essential.
Compensation and Benefits:
Commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with "Executive Assistant to the President" subject line. In your cover letter, please include:
- Why you are passionate about TICAS’ mission and how you could be an effective member of the TICAS team.
Interested candidates should also include two professional references with their cover letter.
No phone calls, please. This position will remain open until filled. TICAS is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity: applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.