Family Support Specialist (Visitation Monitor)
- Degree Level
The Family Support Specialist is responsible for supervising and providing a safe, secure environment for the non-custodial parent and their children at The Children’s Haven. This position is an hourly, and the schedule is Thursday through Sunday. The hours are determined based on the number of referrals in the visitation schedule.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of the child (ren) during the visitation.
- Ensure direct supervision of child and non-custodial parents and sibling.
- Observe and assess the needs of the family.
- Build rapport with the families, and help them gain additional confidence.
- Provide parent coaching using the Nurturing Parenting curriculum.
- Model parenting skills to parent(s) when needed and as outlined in their visitation plan.
- Participate in weekly supervision with supervisor
- Participate in monthly meeting with agency staff.
- Document observation of the visit using the observation form and checklist.
- Provide documentation in timely manner.
- Respect the confidential nature of all information pertaining to the families we serve.
- Provide testimony at court when deemed necessary.
- Follow the visitation cleaning checklist to ensure the visitation facility is clean after each visit, inside and/or outside.
- Attend training as needed and available to keep update on child welfare issues, laws, and policy.
- Work in cooperation with The Children’s Haven staff.
- Maintain good working relationships with local DFCS, other agencies and/or individuals that are inherent to the Supervised Visitation Program.
- Participate in trainings and other certification needed for the program.
- Perform other related duties as needed or requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in child development, psychology, sociology, social work, education of a related field.
- Extensive experience may be substituted for degree.
- Two years’ experience required (volunteer or paid) in at least several of the following areas: social services, child advocacy, volunteer supervision, training, non-profit management, volunteer CASA or guardian ad litem, child welfare, education, mental health, or parenting.
- Complete and Pass Background Check
Preferred, Not Required
- CPR and First Aid Certified
- Experience with Nurturing Parenting Program
**Please no phone calls regarding this position. Email inquiries only.**