Administrative Assistant to the COO and Chief of Staff
The National Women's Law Center seeks an Administrative Assistant who will provide quality support to the COO & Chief of Staff and assist with organization-wide administrative tasks.
The Administrative Assistant will need to think proactively and respond quickly and efficiently. The ideal candidate must possess strong administrative, written and verbal communications in addition to organizational skills as well as the ability to prioritize projects and the needs of the organization – while handling multiple priorities with grace.
The National Women’s Law Center fights for gender justice — in the courts, in public policy, and in our society — working across the issues that are central to the lives of women and girls.
We use the law in all its forms to change culture and drive solutions to the gender inequity that shapes our society and to break down the barriers that harm all of us — especially those who face multiple forms of discrimination, including women of color, LGBTQ people, and low-income women and families.
For more than 45 years, we have been on the leading edge of every major legal and policy victory for women. Find out more at www.nwlc.org.
- Works closely and effectively with the COO & Chief of Staff, keeping her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, and following up appropriately.
- Manages the COO & Chief of Staff’s schedule; ensures there are no scheduling conflicts in her calendar and that she is properly scheduled and equipped with all support materials related to each meeting or event.
- Arranges travel, prepares expense reports and facilitates contracts.
- Provides administrative support for All-Staff Meetings, internal staff working groups and some Board committees, including assistance with preparing and circulating written materials, scheduling meetings and calls, and taking notes.
- Provides support for the Vice President of Administration & Finance including scheduling internal and external meetings as requested. Assists with ad hoc admin support, including creating meeting documents, slideshows and correspondence maintenance especially during surge periods.
- Collaborates with the Executive Assistant in coordinating (3) Board meetings a year.
- As needed, provides other administrative and organization-wide support, including serving as limited back-up receptionist and as back-up to the Executive Assistant to the President & CEO.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Experience & Qualifications
The candidate should have:
- 2 or more years of recent and relevant work experience
- Strong computer skills and advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite (including scheduling meetings in Outlook and managing spreadsheets in Excel)
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive situations and confidential matters with discretion.
- Strong office skills including attention to detail, proofreading, and excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Flexibility, good judgment and the ability to handle multiple, concurrent tasks in an effective manner, prioritizing, organizing and completing work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast-paced, diverse and inclusive team setting, remaining flexible, resourceful and proactive
- Great customer service skills and a willingness to help others.
- A commitment to gender justice and racial equity.
- Work experience within a law firm, major company, leading nonprofit, or government agency.
Starting salary will be $44,000.
To apply, please submit a resume, three supervisory references and a cover letter. In your cover letter, please describe how your professional background is a good fit for this position. Electronic submissions are preferred. Please send materials to administrativeassistantCOO@nwlc.org and include position title in the subject line. Hard copies may be addressed to: Human Resources Department, National Women's Law Center, 11 Dupont Circle NW, Suite 800, Washington, DC 20036, FAX: 202-588-5185. Applications accepted until position is filled. No calls please.
The National Women’s Law Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from people of all gender identities, people with disabilities, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, and LGBTQI individuals.
As noted above, NWLC welcomes applications from individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodations during any part of the hiring process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may send the request by mail to:
National Women’s Law Center
ATTN: Human Resources Manager-Talent
11 Dupont Circle NW, Suite 800
Washington, DC 20036