Social Services Manager- Ben Massell Dental Clinic
- Degree Level
Jewish Family & Career Services of Atlanta (JF&CS) provides health, career and human services to support and enhance the well-being of individuals and families across all ages, faiths, cultures and lifestyles. Its more than 30 programs serve a variety of populations, including children, teens, parents and older adults. JF&CS is now seeking a Social Services Manager --Ben Massell Dental Clinic satellite office.
Purpose: The main responsibility of the BMDC Social Services Manager is to oversee clinic partnerships with outside agencies supervise staff social worker and supervises social services interns. The employee will also be responsible for direct patient care, including but not limited to screening patients for mental health concerns and following up with them as necessary with resources and on- site counseling services. Additionally, the clinical social worker will participate in clinical staff development and will be clinical liaison between main campus and BMDC satellite office.
- Work with the JF&CS Director of Clinical Services to ensure utilization of the best diagnostic tools.
- Initiate the process of mental health screenings for BMDC clients, as determined by the dental/social work/counseling team. Existing and new adult patients will be screened, as well as children with parental approval.
- Evaluate screenings and meet privately/contact patients whose mental health screenings indicate a possible need for intervention. Education will also be provided.
- As needed, provide Information and Referral (I&R), case management, and/or counseling services. Implement follow-up and check in for all patients assisted with I&R, case management, and/or counseling services.
- Proactively build and strengthen the network of healthcare providers that cross-refer with BMDC, to increase communication and optimize each partner’s strengths. Visit our partners with the goals of strengthening these partnerships and orienting them to services by BMDC. Additionally, seek out new partners that complement existing services, ensuring client needs are primary.
- Work with BMDC’s Clinical Supervisor and Chief of Staff to establish and refine processes that complement the clinic’s patient-centered focus and efficiency.
- Supervise graduate intern, undergraduate intern, and full time staff social worker and share supervisory duties with BMDC administrative manager for clinic’s Americorp program members.
- Guarantee compliance with patient privacy standards, National Association of Social Workers’ Code of Ethics, HIPPA guidelines.
- Clinical interviewing skills, administration, scoring and data entry of screening tool(s), networking and collaboration. Computer and telephone skills.
Education and/or Experience:
- Graduate degree from an accredited school of social work preferred, with prior experience in a community-based mental health setting. Licensed at highest level preferred.