Outcomes and Measurements Manager
- Degree Level
Job Title: Outcomes and Measurements Manager
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
Salary: $50-55K Annually
Location: Mableton Business Center
Last Updated: May 2019
Support the mission and goals of the Girl Scouts of Greater Atlanta by meeting the program evaluation and outcomes measurement needs of the council. Coordinate with other departments to identify needs for primary research and provide direction, technical expertise and research services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research Planning and Execution: Create an annual research plan for the organization which is aligned with council priorities and departmental needs. Manage the execution of the plan.
- Outcomes Measurement: Implement a system for measuring outcomes (benefits for participants) for girls who participate in Girl Scouting through the troop experience and through other council programs such as product programs and camp. Align council measurement systems with those of the national organization.
- Program Effectiveness: Measure program effectiveness and customer satisfaction relative to areas such as the Girl Scout experience, council programs and training for adult volunteers. Administer approximately 30 surveys annually.
- Technical Support: Develop data collection procedures and instruments, establish baseline benchmarks, tabulate surveys and produce reports as requested including analysis, historical comparisons and recommendations as appropriate. Stay abreast of trends in the field and best practices by maintaining professional affiliations and relationships with the Girl Scout Research Institute, GSUSA and other councils.
- Fund Development: Serve as key staff contact for evaluation components of grants including United Way.
- Corporate Planning: Contribute to the council’s corporate planning process and assist with meeting the informational needs for strategic planning and re-chartering.
- Reporting: Assist staff with generating Council reports for membership, retail and product programs from GSUSA’s InfoScout system.
- Educate staff members and volunteers in the benefits of evaluation and measuring program outcomes.
- Work on cross-departmental teams to meet the organization’s overall goals and objectives.
- Attend meetings with volunteers, staff, board of directors, and funding sources as needed.
- Formulate, submit, and administer a budget.
- Successfully execute other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proven organizational and time management skills with the ability to organize and prioritize work assignments and responsibilities and manage many multiple projects consecutively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze complex information and draw conclusions
- Knowledgeable in the field of evaluation
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff as well as volunteers
- Ability to work well independently and as a team member
- Ability to meet designated deadlines
- Knowledge of Girl Scout organization and program
- Skills for statistical analysis
- Knowledge of SPSS
- Knowledge of Qualtrics
- Bachelor’s degree in program evaluation, statistics or related field
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in developing and using evaluation/measurement tools and assessments
- Strong working knowledge of computer skills such as: windows environment, word processing, data- base management, online survey software, spreadsheets and email operations
- Willingness or ability to work flexible hours, including some nights and weekends
*Must successfully complete a criminal background check*