National Content Advisor, Family Engagement
2 days left
- Experience Level
OVERVIEW OF HEALTHIER GENERATION
For more than a decade, the Alliance for a Healthier Generation has worked to empower kids to develop lifelong, healthy habits, by ensuring the environments that surround them provide and promote good health. As one of the nation’s largest children’s health organizations focusing on combating childhood obesity, Healthier Generation utilizes the best available scientific evidence of programs, policies and practices that positively impact healthy eating and physical activity behaviors among youth. Healthier Generation’s current work directly impacts more than 25 million children, with a focus on low-income and minority populations who are at increased risk for poor health, obesity and other diseases. To learn more and join the movement, visit www.HealthierGeneration.org.
It is the goal of Healthier Generation to fill employment vacancies with the most qualified applicants, whether recruiting internally or externally. Strong consideration will be given to qualified internal candidates. All internal and external candidates must comply with application requirements.
The National Content Advisor, Family Engagement, serves as the content lead to support consumer facing and school-based efforts to directly engage families to further the health and wellness.
Responsibilities include leading the support of schools and districts as they work to more actively engage families in health-promoting strategies; as well as create customized strategies to implement evidence-based and evidence-informed practices to enhance and grow family engagement in school health. This position is responsible for developing issue-relevant professional development and technical assistance (inclusive of in person and virtual) and associated tools and resources to ensure the wide application of family engagement best practices in schools and out-of-school time settings. They will also develop consumer facing content for families on how to best promote health and wellness at home – to be distributed directly to families virtually, in school and at out of school time settings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as internal and external issue expert and advisor on family engagement best practices and evidence based strategies to promote health and wellness at home, and in schools and out of school time sites.
- Serve as family engagement issue advisor and working closely with Marketing and Communications Team to inform/write/publish blogs, web content, multi-media communications and campaign assets that reflect best practices in family health and wellness.
- Collaborate and consult with Healthier Generation teams and program staff to ensure ongoing successful implementation and sustainability of evidence-based practices to improve family health and wellness and develop healthier school environments.
- Lead the development and delivery of content specific in-person and virtual professional development by building on existing resources that foster broad reach and impact among participating schools and districts in the areas of family engagement.
- Assist in the identification, analysis, and development of resources and materials to promote and facilitate implementation of evidence-based practices to include the utilization of family engagement strategies by district and school staff as well as the creation, promotion and support of Healthier Generation’s recognition process.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Communications Team to develop campaign content, multi-media assets, messaging, thought leader communications, and to identify and share success stories at the family, community and school level.
- Stay abreast of current trends, be informed on policy activities at the national and state level on family/parent engagement in schools/family health and wellness, and translate this information into multi-media communications, professional development, and technical assistance resources to be used to advance Healthier Generation efforts.
- Support relationships with key national family/parenting organizations and thought leaders that have the potential to positively affect family health and wellness and family engagement in schools and out-of-school time settings.
- Report progress and results through formal and informal reporting procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong communication skills – especially written, on-camera and verbal skills.
- Broad knowledge of the research and science in the evidence of and best practices in family health and wellness.
- Ability to manage unique challenges and opportunities facing schools in implementing family engagement strategies.
- Required familiarity with current trends impacting the family health and wellness landscape.
- Ability to digest technical information and translate into practical steps for application at the district, school, classroom, and family/consumer level.
- Ability to clearly and effectively convey information verbally and in writing to a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated experience in creating and leading professional development (inclusive of in person and virtual) for groups of various sizes.
- Skillfully uses best in class resources and employs technology to assist in work activities.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to establish and maintain good working relationships with colleagues and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a virtual team environment.
- Ability to proactively manage and prioritize complex and competing work tasks and projects.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Product Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to travel domestically up to 30% of the time
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in education, public health, social work, psychology or related field required, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5 years or more experience working in a school environment and in community health, including program, policy and systems work
- Experience directing complex projects or programs, while meeting regular deliverables and engaging in continuous improvement
- Experience leading professional development and supporting the implementation of evidence-based strategies in schools
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Please note: all application questions are required and any application without adequate responses will not be considered.
The Alliance for a Healthier Generation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
More searches like this
- Advocacy / Lobbying Youth Development Full Time jobs in New York City
- Child Care / After school / Counselor Youth Development Full Time jobs in New York City
- Direct Service / Social Service Youth Development Full Time jobs in New York City
- Education / Teaching Youth Development Full Time jobs in New York City
- Program / Project Management Youth Development Full Time jobs in New York City