Fundraising & Development Associate
2 days left
- Experience Level
Reporting to the VP, Strategy & Finance, the Development Associate is a full-time position responsible for co-creating and implementing all elements of GLISI’s fundraising strategy. The ideal candidate will bring dogged determination to winning new donors, advocates and champions of GLISI’s mission and impact in Georgia and will be energized by the prospect of sourcing and securing new revenue to realize GLISI’s goals for impact, visibility, sustainability and growth.
GLISI envisions a Georgia where schools and communities pursue breakthrough success for all students-regardless of race, geography or family income. Realizing our vision requires a passionate community of supporters who share our commitment to building vibrant school and district cultures – cultures where teachers love to teach, students love to learn, and results defy the odds. In this newly created position, the successful Development Associate will exhibit creativity in and commitment toward growing and nurturing GLISI’s community of champions, sponsors and donors.
Entering our second year of a three-year strategic plan, the Development Associate will lead the coordination of activities to increase individual, corporate and foundation giving to achieve growth targets. We believe that if the Development Associate helps craft effective fundraising strategy; ensures fidelity of implementation; and makes quick adjustments in response to changing conditions and lessons learned, GLISI will be more successful in communicating gratitude to our existing community of support; more effective in expanding our existing donor base; and more skilled at increasing funder revenue sources over time.
Co-Construction of Fundraising Strategy
- Support the VP, Strategy and Finance in the development of fundraising strategy that positions GLISI to meet or exceed revenue growth targets and achieve sustainability goals.
Lead Implementation of Fundraising Strategy
- Prospect Development
- Support the development of a robust pipeline of prospective donors through ongoing, strategic prospecting.
- Conduct research, develop donor profiles and implement tactics outlined in fundraising strategy to grow the number of individual, corporate and foundation prospects.
- Event Coordination
- Lead the coordination and execution of donor and funder engagement opportunities, such as developing materials to support donor acquisition and organizing major fundraising and cultivation activities and campaigns.
Effective and Efficient Donor Management
- Develop and implement processes that position GLISI to bring fundraising activities to scale, including prospect segmentation, budget management and project management.
- Create annual fundraising calendars aligned with strategy, and track and report on campaign effectiveness.
- Maintain a record of donations and coordinate frequent communication with new and existing donors designed to nurture and deepen relationships with donor base.
- Attend networking, program and development events as needed.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS, TRAINING, & EXPERIENCE
- Proven track-record of successfully growing an organization’s donor base and fundraising revenue over time
- Top-notch verbal and written communication skills
- Direct involvement in implementing donor acquisition, retention and management activities
- Familiarity with CRM and/or donor management software solutions
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Capacity to work collaboratively and cross-functionally
- 5+ years of direct development experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities efficiently and effectively with an acute attention to detail
- Passion for GLISI’s mission and vision
- Thrives in an agile, fast-paced telecommute environment
- Eager to build new strategy and processes from the ground up
- Participate in and contribute to team meetings
- Ensure accurate budget management
- Effective and frequent collaboration with team members to improve the quality of collateral, proposals and closure rates with prospects in pipeline
- Meet or exceed fundraising goals and revenue targets, including retention and growth goals
- Other duties as assigned
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Paid company holidays & PTO
- 401(k) match
- Flexible work environment
If you are ready to join a hardworking, nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the quality of education in Georgia schools by developing great leaders, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (include Development Associate in the subject line). Interviews will be held on a rolling basis until the position is filled.