Executive Director of Finance and Operations
- Experience Level
North Avenue Presbyterian Church, a dynamic and growing church located in the heart of Midtown Atlanta, is seeking an Executive Director of Finance and Operations. This key leadership role reports directly to the senior pastor and is responsible for the management and oversight of the financial, personnel, facilities, stewardship, operations, risk management, and IT functions of the church. The position serves as a liaison to the finance, personnel, property, stewardship, and endowment teams and actively participates in and supports the Session of the church.
- Financial Administration – oversee financial record keeping and reporting; provide monthly financial reporting and analysis to key stakeholders; develop and maintain internal controls, policies, and procedures; coordinate annual budget process; and coordinate annual external financial review.
- Personnel – maintain personnel records; implement policies; supervise payroll; coordinate annual performance review process; implement disciplinary actions; and assure church compliance with state and Federal labor laws.
- Facilities – oversee the maintenance of church physical asset records; administer policies and procedures; and supervise work of facilities staff.
- Stewardship – assist in the selection and recruitment of stewardship team members; provide general oversight to the church’s year-round stewardship emphasis.
- Operations – serve as the primary point of contact for all operational needs of the church.
- Risk Management - maintain program for building and grounds security; establish security protocols; and negotiate and manage all insurance related matters
- IT – manage the church’s IT infrastructure; manage planned IT replacement program; administer manage church management software.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a business-related field required (master’s preferred)
- Certified Church Administrator (CCA) designation strongly preferred
- Proven financial and operational leadership experience
- 10+ years of relevant management experience
- Ability to work on weekends and evenings, as needed
- Skilled in accounting, church management software and MS Office Suite
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Non-profit and/or ministry experience preferred