Human Resources Recruiter/Generalist
- Experience Level
Meals on Wheels provides a network of services that allow seniors to live in their homes with dignity and independence as long as possible.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Human Resources Recruiter/Generalist primary responsibility is overseeing the full life-cycle recruiting process that includes but not limited to recruiting, screening and recommending placement of staff by using creative sourcing methods (internal and external). The Human Resources Recruiter/Generalist is part of a 3-person team and who will provide additional support that includes monitoring/auditing online HR files to ensure compliance, assisting with employee recognition events and being the backup for HR/Payroll related processes.
- At least 4 years of hands on experience involved in the full life-cycle recruiting process with a focus in mid-large scale meal production/distribution required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required.
- PHR, PHR-CA, SHRM-CP certification, and/or additional graduate level coursework in HR or business preferred strongly preferred.
- Hands on HRIS experience preferably with One Point strongly preferred.
- Demonstrates a deep and genuine connection to the MOWSF mission to ensure operational success so no senior in SF is hungry or alone.
- A can do attitude and commitment to providing excellent customer service to staff, candidates, business partners, volunteers and clients.
- Ability to work autonomously and use resources available to complete tasks timely.
- Extensive knowledge of Federal, State and San Francisco employment laws.
- Experience managing change in a rapidly changing and a growing, culturally diverse environment
- A demonstrated track record of managing and prioritizing multiple projects while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong professional presence, ability to interact with various internal and external stakeholders and gain respect quickly.
- Demonstrate ability to appropriately handle confidential information and sensitive situations in a reliable manner.
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise with Excel and PowerPoint.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the supervision of the Human Resources Manager, and in accordance with the provisions of the MOWSF Employee Handbook, the Human Resources Recruiter/Generalist:
- Oversees the full life cycle of the recruiting process by screening resumes, interviewing candidates (by phone and in person), administers appropriate assessments when required, conducts reference/background checking; works with hiring manager on making recommendations for hire (or not hire) and delivers employment offers for both exempt and nonexempt position openings.
- Uses the applicant tracking module in One Point to manage the recruiting process.
- Uses traditional and nontraditional resources, such as career fairs, online job fairs, community network events, etc., to identify and attract quality candidates
- Develops advertising programs (internal and external) to ensure high visibility with potential candidates in the local community and throughout the SF Bay Area
- Working with the HR Manager communicates important employment information during delivery of employment offers (e.g., benefits, compensation).
- Works with hiring managers to ensure compliance with all federal/state laws and regulations.
- Is a backup to the HR Manager on HR/Payroll related items that include uploading payroll changes into One Point on a bi-weekly basis ands well as maintains the biweekly payroll spreadsheet.
- Ensures that all HR related online files are up to date which include conducting running audit report for time-sensitive items such as I9 compliance, licensures included but not limited to Driver’s license, clinical license, training requirements, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
The position is Exempt is scheduled to work a 40-hour work week (Monday –Friday)
Meals on Wheels is committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive full consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or national origin. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records