Accounts Payable Accountant
- Experience Level
Responsible for all A/P entries into computer sub-ledger.Responsible for printing and processing all checks for pre-approved invoices and check requests.Responsible for monthly reconciliation of specific liability general ledger accounts and related account analysis. Responsible for the computerized purchase order system.Responsible for maintaining relationships with vendors and staff and resolving all A/P issues. Must provide accounting support required to maximize department operations.
- Daily entry of A/P Invoices into Quick Books
- Print and process checks for approved invoices
- Reconcile month end A/P aging report to General Ledger accounts payable balance and analysis of other G/L accounts
- Research and resolve vendor statements arising from invoice processing
- Reconcile AFLAC CHECKING ACCOUNT monthly
- Prepare 1099 reports at year end and prepare A/P database for new fiscal year; prepare prior year vendor files for storage and prepare new files for new fiscal year.
- Assist with internal petty cash disbursements
- Maintain internal bank cash levels; make change for internal departments; order cash shipments; reconcile internal bank balance on a periodic basis
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary to maintain accurate accounting records for the corporation.
- A Two-year degree in accounting or related field.
- A Four degree in accounting or related field a plus.
- At least six years working experience in Accounts payable.
- Familiar with Quickbooks accounting software.
- Ten-key by touch a plus.
- Experience with computer spread sheets; e.g. Excel
- Good organization skills
This position has no supervisory responsibility