Senior Project Manager, Future of Work
- Experience Level
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER, FUTURE OF WORK
ABOUT INSTITUTE FOR THE FUTURE
Institute for the Future (IFTF) is the world’s leading futures thinking organization. For over 50 years, businesses, governments, and social impact organizations have depended upon IFTF global forecasts, custom research, and foresight training to navigate complex change and develop world-ready strategies. IFTF methodologies and toolsets yield coherent views of transformative possibilities across all sectors that together support a more sustainable future.
The Senior Project Manager, Future of Work at Institute for the Future (IFTF) is responsible for the overall administrative, relationship, and communications management for a variety of Future of Work projects. Key strategic responsibilities include creating and managing project budgets, drafting project communications, conducting background research, planning and executing events, developing strategic relationships with various stakeholders, providing editorial review to ensure quality deliverables, in addition to providing professional administrative support to the projects. This position will also support a variety of ad hoc projects, providing logistics support and outreach to a diverse community of experts, researchers, and thought leaders.
It is essential that candidates have experience in management of complex projects with multiple stakeholders, communications planning, messaging and message development. A background in public affairs, government relations, public relations, community relations, strategic communications, or the like is highly desirable.
Ideal candidates will be independent and creative self-starters who enjoy problem-solving, connecting people and ideas, are collaborative and comfortable operating in fast-paced environments and conditions of ambiguity and change, have meticulous attention to detail, and are continuously self-motivated to improve.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute project/research plans as outlined by the project lead and client
- Create and track timelines for project milestones and deliverables with project lead
- Coordinate and collaborate with other researchers, affiliates, production, and operational staff to execute tasks as necessary
- Manage project finances and budget tracking
- Participate, facilitate, and/or take notes during internal and client meetings
- Provide general professional administrative support
- Manage, analyze, and synthesize emerging signals, trends, drivers, forces as it relates to the Future of Work
- Communicate effectively key research findings with project team and clients in writing and verbally
- Learn and apply futures thinking tools and methodologies
- Prepare briefing materials for the project team and clients
- Support project team in communications (written and verbal) with clients, visiting experts, and other external parties necessary for project execution
- Draft messages in support of community development, public relations, and additional outreach
- Assist in the development and production of complex project proposals
- Maintain excellent relationships with project sponsors, IFTF staff, affiliates, vendors, clients, event attendees, and other stakeholders within the IFTF community
- Identify strategic business development opportunities across IFTF’s various research labs, projects, and initiatives
- Produce and manage logistics of internal and external project events, workshops, conferences, and meetings from two to 100+ attendees
- Create internal and external agendas and show flows
- Coordinate with other staff throughout the organization and provide back-up support as needed
- Attend and supervise projects events, coordinate with vendors, serve as a liaison to project teams, and troubleshoot any emergencies
- Manage and track multi-format deliverables (e.g. reports, presentations, videos, websites) by working closely and cooperatively with the in-house design and production team to assure high-quality print and electronic media consistent with the goals of the project and the brand of the organization
- Copyedit and format documents and deliverables for project team (usually in Word, Excel, or PowerPoint) so that they are prepared for the design and production team
- Work with the project lead and communications team to produce corresponding marketing strategies and materials
EDUCATIONAL AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
Candidates for the Senior Project Manager position should have a BA/BS degree plus at least 3-5 years of increasing levels of responsibility and experience as a project or program manager or a similar position in a setting outside a traditional educational institution. This position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills that include a working knowledge of the basic elements of style (Chicago Manual of Style recommended). The ideal candidate will possess superb organizational skills, attention to detail, a friendly and positive attitude, a strong work ethic, ability to handle multiple priorities, ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and ability to work independently with little supervision. A successful track record of working with a distributed team is required, as well as proficiency with common software and collaboration tools, such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Google Drive, Google Docs, and Google Mail. Familiarity with Macintosh computers and Salesforce is desirable.
TERMS OF POSITION
This position is full-time and is located at the Institute for the Future’s office in Palo Alto, California. Some travel and occasional evenings and weekends may be required.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
IFTF strives to offer competitive compensation and benefits for its employees. In addition to a salary that is commensurate with experience, employee benefits include paid vacation days, holidays, sick time, health and dental coverage for both employee and eligible dependents, 403(b) retirement contributions of 10% of salary after first year of employment, long-term disability coverage, commuter transit reimbursement, cell phone stipend, and optional FSA and insurance plans.
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.