- Experience Level
Title: Chief Executive Officer
Tree Fresno is a non-profit environmental stewardship organization. Founded in 1985, Tree Fresno is a tireless advocate for living green and has planted over 44,000 trees in the community. When you tour the San Joaquin Valley, and see how the trees at schools, homes and businesses interact with the trees that grow along the roads, paths, rivers and highways, you begin to understand what Tree Fresno does and what the meaning of, San Joaquin Green. The Mission of Tree Fresno is to transform the San Joaquin Valley with trees, greenways and beautiful landscapes.
Located less than 90 minutes from 3 national parks and 3 national forests. Fresno is within 3 hours of the Pacific Ocean. Our housing costs are reasonable!
We are seeking an executive level leader, who is passionate about the environment and mission of Tree Fresno. The ideal candidate is a proven leader with senior level experience to inspire and engage the Tree Fresno team as well as stakeholders in the community.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for leading Tree Fresno in a manner that supports and guides the mission of the organization as defined in the by-laws and the adopted Vision Statement.
- Maintain open communication with the Board of Directors and provide timely updates and information necessary for the Board to function properly and make informed decisions.
- Shares with the Board of Directors the responsibility for fundraising sufficient to sustain and grow the organization.
- Responsible for ensuring that the organization capitalizes on grant opportunities by completing application fully and submitting them in a timely manner.
- Responsible for preparing the “Work Plan” and “Annual Budget” – as required by the ByLaws - in the form of the annual Value-Creating Plan Objectives & Financial Estimates - as established by Corporate Policy; preparing quarterly financial statements and progress reports, retaining with a CPA firm to prepare IRS Form 990 . . . all in a manner that accurately reflect the state of the finances and operating status and submitted to the Board for approval in a timely manner; and developing programs to achieve the Objectives subject to available funding.
- Responsible for building relationships, at all levels, to carry out the Tree Fresno Mission.
- Monitor legislative issues that may impact the Mission of Tree Fresno and develop strategies to ensure Tree Fresno’s voice is heard, consistent with the ByLaws, IRS rules and Board policy.
- Serve as a liaison with the local governments and districts to support the Mission of Tree Fresno.
- Responsible for developing education programs that will elevate environmental understanding to include implementing Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) in school districts.
- Responsible for the enhancement of Tree Fresno’s image by being active in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
- Responsible for the supervision of the hiring, training and retention of staff.
- Serve as the primary spokesperson for Tree Fresno; communicate the Core Values of Tree Fresno to public organizations, state agencies and the media.
Summary of Experience and Education
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- A Master’s Degree in Non-Profit Management, Public Administration or Business Administration is preferred.
- 5 + years in a management role for a non-profit organization and/or public agency; with experience in supporting a governing board.
- Hands on budget management skills including budget preparation, analysis and reporting
- Strong organizational skills and proven ability to lead a team
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies including grant writing, and donor relations
- Experience collaborating with Board of Directors and volunteer groups
- Ability to engage with a diverse volunteer and donor groups
- Demonstrated interest in environmental issues that impact a community.
- Demonstrated knowledge of California geography, history and public lands
- Exceptional English language skills, verbal, written and public speaking,
- Proficient with MS 365 including Word, Excel, Outlook
If you would like to hear more about this great opportunity to be a part of a lasting impact on a community, please contact Blair Sobba by emailing your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
For more information on Tree Fresno, please visit our website: www.treefresno.org