- Experience Level
AMERICAN COLLEGE OF RHEUMATOLOGY
Based in Atlanta, GA, the American College of Rheumatology is a professional association for physicians, health professionals and scientists that work in the medical subspecialty of rheumatology. The ACR has over 9,400 members from around the world. We offer a variety of services, including: educational programming, legislative advocacy, and practice management support and grant funding through the Rheumatology Research Foundation. The ACR’s Annual Meeting, held each fall, is the premier scientific meeting in the world devoted to rheumatic diseases. For more information on American College of Rheumatology, please go to www.rheumatology.org.
TITLE: Coordinator, Education
POSITION #: 34
DATE: May 2019
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Sr. Director, Education
POSITION SUMMARY DESCRIPTION:
This position coordinates administrative activities as they relate to the education department and comprehensively responds to customer inquiries related to educational activities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate and implement customer service activities for the entire education department and serve as the primary education customer service representative via phone, online and email. Relevant duties include:
- Professionally responding to all incoming requests from customers in a timely manner, follow up on any escalated items and ensure issues are resolved both promptly and thoroughly
- Gathering member information, accessing and fulfilling customer needs, submitting tickets to IT Help Desk and/or appropriate vendor, educating the customer where applicable to prevent the need for secondary contact and documenting interactions through membership system and/or IT Ticketing system
- Providing quality customer service and support in a variety of areas including, but not limited to: billing, orders, registrations (including answering general registration questions such as “How do I…” and “When can I” etc.), CME records and system troubleshooting/processes
- Maintaining a balance between organizational policy and member benefit and collaborating with appropriate ACR staff/leaders in decision making
- Understanding and clearly communicating ACR offerings and continuing professional development requirements.
- Attending training and reviewing documentation on a regular basis in order to understand key customer activities across all ACR education systems to be able to provide quality front line support.
- Developing and maintaining support documentation for Education staff including escalation contact listing by subject matter
- Developing and disseminating reports as they relate to customer service interactions and communicating customer and educational activity issues that need to be resolved to team members, IT Help Desk and appropriate vendors
- Serving the Education team as an ACR Association Management System Super User by attending super user meetings, maintaining appropriate documentation for the department and providing input into priorities based on input gathered from others in the Education department
Inventory & Supplies
- Provide support for the entire Education department by managing inventory of supplies and shipping/receiving supplies for various meetings/events. Relevant duties include:
- Maintaining inventory of supplies for ACR staff and meetings/events (including badge ribbon inventory) – place orders on behalf of staff and track through to delivery
- Order and manage shipment of supplies for ACR meetings including Annual Meeting, Professional Meetings and Committee/Sub-Committee meetings
- Place orders as requested by staff and ensure shipment/delivery of supplies is completed on time as requested. Coordinate with Event Operations to confirm receipt onsite at events
- Process invoices/bills for supplies in a timely manner and in accordance with ACR policies
- Assisting staff in the development and coordination of live and online educational activities. Relevant duties include:
- Participating in user acceptance testing (UAT)
- Managing purchases of educational reference materials and maintaining records for contractual obligations and renewals
- Assisting with sending and tracking speaker/ moderator agreements
- Proofreading and/or reviewing syllabi and other meeting materials
- Mailing honorarium checks and providing initial review of volunteer expenses
- Maintaining and updating CME credit hours for attendees/ participants of educational activities
- Communicating travel and housing requirements
- Some overnight and weekend travel as required to fulfill job responsibilities
- Serving on a rotating schedule as backup to ACR switchboard receptionist
- Any other duties as the Sr. Director, Education, Vice President, Education or the ACR Executive Vice President may assign
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience, preferably in an association or customer service environment
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office programs is essential, including Excel, Internet Explorer, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word and online databases.
- Experience in Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and JIRA or other ticketing software is preferred.
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently while functioning as part of a cooperative team
- Detail-oriented with excellent proofreading, written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively with a wide variety of individuals (staff, members, volunteers, vendors, etc.)
- Highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction
- Demonstrated ability to provide high quality customer service
- Ability to lift a minimum of 20 pounds on a routine basis
- Understanding of ACCME guidelines, AMA standards, ABIM certification or experience in a health-related organization is preferred
- Knowledge of learning management and/or content management systems preferred
The ACR provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The ACR complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities or conducts business.
This is not a contract. The description and duties as they relate to this position are subject to change as reasonable business necessity dictates. In the event of such changes, a new job description may be created.