Sr. Program Manager, Integrated Benefits
- Experience Level
Code for America uses the principles and practices of the digital age to improve how government serves the American public, and how the public improves government. We use a data-driven, user-centered, and iterative approach to building technology to help government services work, starting with the people who need them most.
We are on a mission to reimagine and redesign how every eligible person in America accesses and interacts with the social safety net (Medicaid, SNAP, TANF, LIHEAP, WIC and other benefits programs). This multi-state effort is already underway in 4 states. We are looking for a Senior Program Manager to join our Integrated Benefits Program team.
The Senior Program Manager shares our passion for transforming how governments deliver safety net benefits, believes in the role of government in meaningfully serving all people, and has the experience to achieve our vision. The Sr. Program Manager will work with internal stakeholders and external strategic partners to manage our Integrated Benefits pilot sites, collaborate with product teams, and ensure sustainable impact (financial, systemic, and technological) of the program. This role will also contribute to the visibility, advocacy, and domain expertise of the Integrated Benefits Program.
This role is based in San Francisco and reports to the Senior Director of the Integrated Benefits Program. (A Senior Program Manager at Code for America is a supervisory level, but this position does not currently have any direct reports.)
- Travel up to 50% time to pilot sites and shape program and product strategy to achieve intended impacts, problem solve stakeholder engagement, and identify opportunities for deeper learning.
- Identify and establish state, federal, policy, and community partnerships to ensure that the Integrated Benefits best practices and learnings can be scaled effectively and leads to sector-wide adoption and systems change.
- Collaborate extensively with product and engineering teams to inform product priorities, plan joint roadmaps with partners, quickly test and implement user needs, and determine product viability.
- Test, iterate, and scale the Integrated Benefits service delivery strategy for working with government such that outcomes for clients are improved and government partners realize administrative efficiencies.
- Develop program strategies to further Code for America’s approach to delivery-driven policy and advocacy.
- Develop metrics and dashboards and bring visibility to program achievements such as pipeline development, progress towards policy goals, operational changes, etc.
- Drive superb execution, identity and mitigate risks, and communicate clearly with internal and external stakeholders.
- At least 5 years of policy or program development experience with increasing responsibility, preferably with health and human service expertise and/or government.
- Demonstrable experience in partnership management, business development, management consulting, product management, or outreach.
- A savvy multi-tasker and generalist, with strong project management and communications skills. Extremely detail-oriented and fanatical about follow-up.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, navigate ambiguity, and be proactive around team and external communications.
- Politically astute and able to find common ground and build relationships across political differences especially within a government environment.
- Experience with leading human-centered design projects that included qualitative research, gathering insights, and rapid prototyping. Has an insatiable need for learning and relentless curiosity.
- Comfort working with data and the ability to conduct basic data analysis.
- Thrives in a fast paced environment and gravitates towards continuous change.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% time
- Passion for the Code for America mission and a strong vision for the role technology plays in achieving service delivery impacts.
Code for America offers full health and dental benefits, a 401k plan with matching funds and a culture that is collaborative, hardworking and fun.
About Code for America
Code for America is a startup non-profit with a great culture and a huge opportunity to make a difference. We work in cross-functional teams, collaboratively and agilely and value high-quality, user-friendly work product. We strive to learn from everything we do and regularly host talks from leaders in the civic technology movement. We respect each other, work hard, and have a great time together. We’re looking for individuals who share our vision, our values, and our willingness to do what it takes to achieve an ambitious mission over the next few years.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Code for America values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
Code for America is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
Apply here: https://grnh.se/c49e52381