- Degree Level
Earthjustice is the premier nonprofit environmental law organization. We take on the biggest, most precedent-setting cases across the country. We wield the power of law and the strength of partnership to protect people’s health; to preserve magnificent places and wildlife; to advance clean energy; and to combat climate change. We partner with thousands of groups, supporters, individuals and communities to engage the critical environmental issues of our time, and bring about positive change. We are here because the earth needs a good lawyer.
Founded in 1971, Earthjustice has a distinguished track record of achieving significant, lasting environmental protections. We achieve this by hiring people who share a passion for justice and a healthy environment. Our headquarters are in San Francisco with offices in Anchorage, Juneau, Los Angeles, Tallahassee, Miami, Honolulu, New York, Philadelphia, Denver, Seattle, Bozeman, and Washington, DC.
The Events Coordinator works with the Donor Marketing and Engagement team to strengthen our donors’ connection to the mission of the organization. The primary focus of this position is to coordinate a robust calendar of engagement events to meet engagement objectives in support of the development department’s fundraising strategies. These activities include in-person events, donor trips, and teleconferences. The Coordinator will oversee all aspects of executing events from scoping and invitations to execution and debriefing.
Donor Engagement Events (85%)
- Under the guidance of the Senior Events Manager, plan a robust calendar of donor engagement events. Coordinate all aspects of event planning from concept to day-of support and follow-up. Requires travel.
- Working across departmental teams, coordinate the production of event marketing materials and communications, target audience lists, briefing materials, and other deliverables for events and trips.
- Oversee creation and distribution of event timelines, announcements and updates, briefing memos, and debrief documentation. Organize event kickoff meetings and regular team check-ins.
- Keep Earthjustice staff, hosts, trustees, and other involved parties informed of upcoming events and trips through announcements and regular updates.
- Communicate with vendors, contractors, staff, speakers, hosts, and trustees as appropriate and serve as liaison between involved parties.
- Organize and calendar all annual teleconferences. Propose relevant teleconference topics and speakers, produce briefing materials, and coordinate all day-of logistics.
- Assist with venue scoping and speaker and host identification.
- Provide training and guidance to fundraisers and administrative support staff in executing event-related tasks for small scale donor-led events.
- Coordinate post-event evaluation process. Recommend improvements or modifications for next cycle. Work collaboratively with the Development Operations team to provide event summaries and reports to stakeholders.
Continued learning (10%)
- Participate in organization-wide initiatives and trainings that contribute to the creation of a diverse, equitable and inclusive work culture that encourages and celebrates differences.
- Utilize internal and external resources to support a personal and professional development journey that increases awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and orientations.
- Track events revenue and expenses. Submit all invoices and expenses to Finance team.
- Contribute to Donor Marketing and Engagement Team strategic planning and work planning process.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2 years of experience coordinating events in a non-profit environment.
- Experience in events support, preferably in a non-profit setting strongly preferred.
- Development experience working in a donor relations and stewardship capacity.
- Highly organized individual with the ability to assist with multiple projects at once.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Self-starter with an excellent attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm for communicating with supporters and potential supporters on the phone and via e-mail.
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure.
- Experience using a fundraising database preferred.
- Demonstrates an awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and orientations.
- Contributes to the creation of a diverse, equitable and inclusive work culture that encourages and celebrates differences.
This position requires occasional travel, and occasional evening and weekend work.
We offer a mission- and employee-focused work environment and a competitive compensation package, including excellent benefits. Earthjustice is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity.
To Apply Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume online via the Jobvite system.
Please reach out to email@example.com if you are having technical difficulties submitting your application. No phone calls, drop-ins, or hard copies.
Earthjustice is driven by a passion for justice, partnership and excellence. Our core values lead us to seek a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds to achieve our mission and to maintain an inclusive environment where all staff are valued and respected. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the position.
For positions located within the City and County of San Francisco: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For positions located within the City of Los Angeles: We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.