Benefits Specialist, Managed Organizations
- Experience Level
- Ensure timely intake, aggregation and transfer to payroll of benefits-related changes associated with status changes, new hires and terminations. Includes ensuring collection of documentation, and associated administration of HRIS and benefits systems Manage processes and quality control associated with producing consistently accurate and timely benefits programs, including periodically auditing processes and data flow systems, and advising, informing and supporting execution of process improvements Review and approve benefits system entry, and input back-end benefits adjustments as appropriate Provide exceptional daily service on all benefits-related inquiries to client staff, communicating quickly, effectively and efficiently. Includes maintaining a strong working knowledge of relevant benefit plans and laws. Execute benefits billing processes, including benefits review and approval, and liaising between vendors and finance teams to ensure timely processing and payment Manage benefits vendor relationships, liaising with vendor POC’s and advocating for staff as necessary Manage execution of open enrollment(s) among client organizations, and associated benefits renewal processes and vendor relationships Manage the annual benefits calendar and associated annual and ad hoc projects, including managing project plans, stakeholders and timelines Ensure timely filing of all mandatory benefits reporting Lead retirement plan management calendar, including leading annual audits, filings and supporting committee meetings Support content development associated with benefits resources, intranet and proactive communication efforts. Identify, champion and develop new resources as needs arise Manage parental and disability leave programs Manage benefits training initiatives and annual communications. Provide ad hoc individual and project-specific support as needed (including custom training sessions) Support experimental benefits management services or prototype models as needed Manage compliance related to benefits policies, including monitoring for and staying ahead of emerging laws and trends Help to maintain employee electronic files in compliance with policies and legal requirements. Maintains employee confidence and protects confidentiality of personnel data
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in HR with at least one year exposure to benefits administration
- Experience administering benefits systems, preferably working with Ultimate Software and/or PlanSource.
- Experience in professional services environment, PEO or similar highly desired
- Strong working knowledge of benefits plans, benefits-related policies and associated laws (FMLA, COBRA, state disability laws, etc.)
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with a strong customer service mentality and high degree of integrity, accountability, and emotional intelligence
- Experience managing high volume of tasks with shifting priorities and deadlines
- Excellent analytic and problem-solving skills with the ability to take a thoughtful approach to addressing challenges
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Experience in a progressive, mission-driven, and entrepreneurial environment
- Experience in rapid growth environment preferred
- Optimism, adaptability, and a good sense of humor
Our Core Competencies:
- Ability to provide excellent, including the ability to efficiently and independently address routine service matters, to suggest effective client-centered solutions when elevating challenges or concerns, and to understand how the team can operate to maintain high-quality service The ability to complete complex tasks, to use a work plan to undertake projects, and to understand how those projects impact the client, team, and/or firm’s objectives The ability to understand stakeholders’ perspectives and circumstances, and to build and manage strong relationships that reflect that understanding. The ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and professionally, including the ability to adapt style, tone, and content to various audiences; to make technical information assessible to broader audiences; and to collaborate with others to produce strong written deliverables The ability to work cooperatively and inclusively with others to achieve shared goals, including knowing when and how to compromise, being willing to proactively help colleagues, and sharing knowledge in various mediums An enthusiasm for taking on stretch and development opportunities, including the ability to accept feedback and use it to improve performance The ability to take ownership and be creative and solutions-oriented when encountering challenges that don’t have obvious answers, including knowing when to elevate challenges along with possible solutions
About Arabella Advisors
Arabella Advisors helps foundations, philanthropists and investors who are serious about impact achieve the greatest good with their resources. We work on issues ranging from the social and economic advancement of women and girls, and conservation of our climate and planet, to reducing poverty and inequity in the United States and around the world. Our staff members are mission-driven and action-oriented, and have a unique combination of experience in philanthropy, business, nonprofits, government, finance, law, and other fields. We combine creative, strategic thinking with knowledge and networks developed through decades of hands-on experience. The fastest-growing philanthropic advisory firm in the nation, Arabella is also a certified B Corporation.
About Arabella’s Managed Organizations
Arabella Advisors provides operations and management support to multiple nonprofit organizations, including the New Venture Fund, the Windward Fund, and the Hopewell Fund—all 501(c)(3) public charities—and the Sixteen Thirty Fund, a 501(c)(4).These managed organizations house new and innovative public interest projects and nonprofits, as well as coordinate collaborative initiatives between donors and administer grants programs. This type of structure is commonly referred to as fiscal sponsorship, and candidates are highly encouraged to research fiscal sponsorship prior to a first interview. The managed organizations provide support to a diverse range of projects, including many focused on conservation, global health and civic engagement.
Working with Us
We are committed to having a passion-driven, inclusive, transparent, collaborative, healthy, and fun culture. We invite you to visit our careers website to learn more.
To encourage work/life balance we offer flexible work options. Our office is an open space with cubicles and informal work areas. Our salaries are closer to the range of a nonprofit and our benefits are excellent. You’ll start with three weeks of vacation, 80 hours of personal time, and 20 hours of paid time to volunteer at an organization of your choice. In addition to seven federal holidays, you get to pick four more from a list of inclusive religious holidays and your birthday.
We have a competitive health package that includes medical, vision, dental, and prescription insurance. We also provide funds for professional development, a fitness benefit, and cover part of your personal cell phone plan.
How to apply
Submit a resume and a one-page cover online. The cover letter should address why you’re excited to work at Arabella and why you’re qualified for this specific job.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know.
While Arabella is open to individuals from various locations applying to join our team, please note that we generally are unable to pay for relocation expenses.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.