- Experience Level
The Georgia Center for Child Advocacy (GCCA) was founded in 1987 to provide services to children who were victims of severe physical abuse, sexual abuse, trafficking, or witness to violence. The mission of the GCCA is to champion the needs of these children through prevention, intervention, therapy and collaboration.
To enhance the Center’s effectiveness, the GCCA is seeking a part-time (15-20 hours per week) Development Coordinator with proven written and verbal communication skills, significant attention to detail, confidence in working with numbers, and experience in database entry and development work. The Development Assistant will manage database records, prepare acknowledgement letters, create reports and provide ongoing support to the Development team. The successful candidate must be a well organized problem solver who is self directed as well as a committed team player.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide data entry and gift processing for all of the GCCA’s accounts receivables
- Update/add constituents
- Record point of entry attendance
- Prepare reports and reconcile accounts
- Ensure accurate and timely weekly income summary report of all money received by the Georgia Center including: electronic funds transfers; PaymentSpring; Paypal; remote deposits; and Blackbaud Merchant Services reports
- Maintain gift processing workflow for the timely entry of gifts in QuickBooks accounting system
- Create and maintain acknowledgement letters, receipts, invoices, hard copies of donor files and correspondences for auditing and other internal purposes
- Provide other support for development team including logistical planning, research, community outreach, and communications as needed.
This position is part-time, 15-20-hour per week depending on the week’s activities, and reports to the Director of Development. Compensation will range from $12 to $15 per hour depending on experience and does not include benefits.
Send a cover letter and resume to Zobida Dat at SEMAPP@GACFCA.org. No phone inquiries please.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Preferred experience with data entry in contact management systems, i.e. Salesforce, Blackbaud Suite, QuickBooks, excel spreadsheets, etc.
- Preferred experience in development
- Ability to work under tight deadlines efficiently
- Strong ability to work with numbers
- High level attention to detail
- Strong organization
- Self motivated with a strong work ethic
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong written and communication skills
- Skilled at multi-tasking and working under a flexible schedule
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- Accounting skills
- Comfortable discussing the issue of child sexual abuse