Individual Giving Manager
- Position Type
- Full Time
Individual Giving Manager
Atlanta Community Food Bank
732 Joseph E Lowery Blvd., NW, Atlanta, GA 30318
Who We Are:
The Atlanta Community Food Bank is working to end hunger in our community with the food, people and big ideas needed so that no one worries where their next meal is coming from. Since 1979, we’ve been providing food for a growing network of nonprofit partners – including food pantries, community kitchens, child care centers, night shelters and senior centers. We currently serve more than 600 partners in 29 counties across metro Atlanta and north Georgia.
About the Role:
The Individual Giving Manager is responsible for cultivating, soliciting and stewarding the Atlanta Community Food Bank’s mid-level and monthly donors to increase retention, engagement, and revenue from these key donor segments. The Individual Giving Manager will work collaboratively as part of the individual fundraising team, including the Annual Giving Manager and Major Gift Managers, to coordinate fundraising strategies that strengthen the Food Bank’s overall donor pipeline. As such, this position will lead efforts to upgrade donors from annual to mid-level giving, and identify major donor prospects within the mid-level portfolio.
What You’ll Do:
Build and Nurture Relationships
- Provide donor assistance to any inquiries. Maintain personal contact and good relationships with donors through timely and polite responses to donor inquiries. Personally cultivate high-potential mid-level donors as appropriate and connect donors with other members of Development team where beneficial.
Mid-Level Program Management:
- Oversee the strategy and execution of the mid-level donor program to grow donor pool making gifts of $1,000+ and achieve individual giving revenue goals
- Manage all cultivation and stewardship activities for mid-level donors, including creation and execution of stewardship reports, gift acknowledgments, thank-you calls, welcome mailings, tours and personal visits as needed.
- Plan and coordinate donor volunteer and annual recognition events.
- Work collaboratively with individual giving team to solicit and upgrade donors into mid-level giving, prospect for major and planned gifts, and coordinate messaging.
Monthly Giving Program Management
- Lead a multi-channel strategy to recruit, reactivate, upgrade, and steward monthly donors to reach revenue goals. Work closely with Annual Giving Manager to integrate strategy across direct response program.
- Create and execute regular stewardship reports to strengthen donor engagement.
Gift Processing & Database Management
- Work with Donor Services team to ensure appropriate coding in Raiser’s Edge database for reporting, acknowledgement, recognition, communications and continued cultivation of past, current and prospective mid-level and monthly donors.
- Record all significant donor interactions in Raiser’s Edge according to moves management guidelines.
- Report on key metrics and analyze donor trends to drive strategic decision-making.
- Engage volunteers, board members and staff in the donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship process.
- Collaborate with the Individual Giving team and Prospect Researcher to analyze portfolios, identify prospects, develop solicitation strategies, and strengthen the Food Bank’s overall donor pipeline
- Passionately represent the Atlanta Community Food Bank’s mission, programs and message with stakeholders and actively network within the community to activate support behind our mission
- Perform related responsibilities as required.
- Develop and manage annual work plan for mid-level and monthly donors, including communications and cultivation events calendar, budget, revenue projections, etc.
- Collaborate with other Development and Marketing staff to ensure coordinated and integrated development strategies across direct mail, email, phone, newsletters, social media and events.
- Serve as an active member of the Development team, contributing to goal setting, revenue generation and the refinement of processes and procedures. Provide on and offsite support for Food Bank events and other activities as needed.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelors or equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least one year of fundraising experience managing annual fund or leadership gift programs, with working knowledge of direct response and major gift strategies
- Demonstrated success cultivating, soliciting and stewarding donors, preferably at the $1,000 level or above
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience with donor databases and audience segmentation. Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge database preferred.
Even Better if You Have:
- 2 – 3 years of relevant work experience
- Experience with written content development and collateral design
- Passion for mission of Atlanta Community Food Bank
- Understanding of the issues of hunger and poverty
This role may be a fit for you if you have:
- Proven ability to work independently, handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to work some evenings, weekends and other times as required
- Genuine appreciation of the Atlanta Community Food Bank’s mission and the ability to communicate it
- The ability to articulate the case for support so that individuals buy in to the vision/mission/goals and with sufficient effectiveness to secure gifts at assigned donor giving levels
And You'll Love this Position if You Are:
- Strong team player who seeks out ways to collaborate with co-workers and volunteers
- Excellent customer service skills and enjoy working with internal and external constituents
- Able to exercise sound judgment and discretion with highly confidential information
There may be some Physical Demands and Travel:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee is routinely required to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Expected travel time for this position is minimal. Must be able to travel around the metropolitan Atlanta region. Weekend and evening work within a flexible schedule.