Director of Marketing and Communications
- Experience Level
Director of Marketing and Communications
100 Black Men of America, Inc.
Founded in 1963, 100 Black Men of America, Inc.’s (“The 100’s”) mission is to improve the quality of life within our communities and enhance educational and economic opportunities for all African Americans.
We strive to serve as a beacon of leadership utilizing our diverse talents to create environments where our children are motivated to achieve, and empowered to become self-sufficient shareholders in the economic and social fabric of the communities we serve.
Revenues: $5-10 million
For more information, please visit www.100blackmen.org
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Marketing and Communications serves as a key leadership team member and active participant in making strategic decisions affecting The 100. In partnership with the CEO, this position is responsible for the development and implementation of 100 Black Men of America Inc.’s strategic marketing and public relations plans and manages and coordinates the organization's internal and external communications. The successful candidate will develop, design, approve, produce, and distribute marketing materials in cooperation with the senior leadership; and ensure the day to day and annual marketing and communications activities of the organization are developed, implemented and tracked. The candidate will also oversee development and publishing of marketing, branding public relations and communications related materials and champion the organization’s brand identity across all developed materials.
The Director of Marketing and Communications will have primary responsibility for designing, implementing and overseeing comprehensive plans for leveraging technology and managing the public perceptions of the organization.
The candidate will need to recognize and bring thought to any marketing, communications, branding and public relation issues associated with the activities of the organization. In addition, the Director of Marketing and Communications will work closely with other senior leaders of the organization and certain members of the board of directors.
· Coordinate marketing and communications projects
· Develop, implement and monitor organizational communications plan as approved by board of directors
· Coordinate with Development team to develop the marketing and communications plan and related pitch materials
· Act as a brand steward, upholding brand and trademark standards and consistency in all projects sponsored and delivered by the organization
· Coordinate the development of local, regional and national press releases, newsletters and other informational materials
· Coordinate radio, television and print media interviews and appearances
· Write, edit, and manage the production of the organization’s annual report, including actively working with the CEO, senior staff and related board members to create the themes and concepts
· Aid in the development of key messages to internal and external audiences
· Manage and coordinate Press Conferences
· Facilitate responses to media inquiries as needed
· Manage and periodically refresh the content, look and feel of 100 Black Men of America, Inc.’s website
· Enhance, update and disseminate Marketing Toolkit for chapters as needed (including branding standards, logo use, etc.)
· Develop and manage concepts related to brochures, pamphlets, infomercials and other marketing and promotional materials.
· Coordinate social media platforms and the related content
· Develop and expand social media utilization and engagement
· Develop marketing and creative messages for the organization
· Coordinate publicity, including public relations, advertising and collateral material design, production and distribution
· Monitoring the implementation of various marketing activities and processes.
· Keeping track of the success rate and performance of on-going promotional campaigns and making the required changes for better effectiveness and also receiving feedback on these campaigns.
· Aid in the development and management of a communications calendar for sponsors/donors
· Write speeches, scripts, bullet points and other related messaging for the President and CEO and identified board members
· Coordinate with internal departments regarding messaging to members
· Actively work with and collaborate with the senior staff to develop appropriate communications for the respective initiatives (e.g., existing and new sponsor solicitations, financial achievements and strategies, programmatic activations, and chapter support tools).
· 15-plus years of professional experience in Marketing, Communications, Branding and Public Relations;
· Bachelor's degree in marketing, advertising, business management or related field required, Master's or Certified Marketing Management Professional preferred
· Demonstrated success in managing and forging relationships
· Demonstrated success in leveraging technology to achieve organizational objectives
· Tangible experience of having written, produced and managed marketing materials and the related collateral
· Substantial experience performing Marketing, Communications, Branding and Public Relations and developing and implementing the related strategies
· Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral
· Strong project management skills, including organizational, time management and follow through skills with exceptional attention to detail
· Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical initiatives
· Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels within and outside The 100
· High energy and passion for The 100’s mission is essential
· Ability to construct, articulate, and implement strategic plans and operational objectives
· Customer focused
- A professional and resourceful style; with the ability to take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects at one time.
This position description describes essential functions and qualifications of the role as assigned by 100 Black Men of America, Inc. Management maintains the right to change reporting structure, assign, reassign or eliminate duties and responsibilities to this role at any time without restrictions.