- Experience Level
Job Title: Development Director
Reports to: Executive Director
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
The Alaska Center envisions a thriving, just and sustainable Alaska for future generations. We engage, empower, and elect Alaskans to stand up for clean air and water, healthy communities, and a strong democracy. Our issue priorities are protecting salmon habitat, advancing clean energy solutions in the face of rapid climate change, and amplifying Alaskans’ voices in the public process. In partnership with our sister organization The Alaska Center Education Fund, we achieve our vision through youth education and leadership development, community organizing and mobilization, and election of leaders who champion our values.
We seek a Development Director to join our team! This position is responsible for developing and overseeing our fundraising strategy and campaigns, communicating with donors, and galvanizing a team of staff, board, and volunteers to raise funds. This position must thrive on relationship building and understand the critical importance of engaging others to sustain our work. Extensive fundraising experience is not a must, but the right candidate will demonstrate a high attention to detail, contagious enthusiasm for donor cultivation, and ability to inspire and lead others.
The Development Director is responsible for the development and implementation of strategic plans to raise funds for our youth education and leadership development, issue advocacy, and elections work. This position is a key organizational leader that helps drive our vision and mission forward. Major responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement annual fundraising strategy and plan that incorporates foundation, corporate, and individual giving
- Develop and manage annual fundraising budget
- Evaluate and evolve fundraising campaigns and activities
- Direct the coordination of annual events managing staff, board, and volunteers
- Support Executive Director and Boards in donor prospecting & cultivation
- Manage and grow a robust recurring donor program
- Oversee the solicitation, processing and stewardship of donations
- Oversee staff in executing donor compliance reports
- Recruit and train fundraising staff and volunteer leaders
- Monitor and introduce fundraising trends and cutting-edge practices
- Assist with organizational strategic planning and annual work plan development
We seek a candidate who aligns with the vision and values of The Alaska Center and The Alaska Center Education Fund and understands the critical importance of establishing and growing relationships that sustain our work.
- Must have reliable transportation
- Experience raising funds for a cause, program or organization
- Commitment to understand race, class, gender, and other equity issues that impact our work
- Understanding of or comfort learning database systems
- Highly organized and inspiring team leader
- Superb written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Desire to implement equitable and inclusive fundraising practices
- Ability to effectively coordinate and galvanize others to raise funds
- Creative approach and can-do attitude in fundraising
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks and meet deadlines
- Experience and skill coordinating small and large-scale events
- Ability to generate compelling and engaging fundraising materials efficiently
- Familiarity with donor prospect research tools
- Thrive on building and maintaining relationships
Conditions of Employment
This is a full-time position that must be based in Alaska. Salary is dependent on experience with a generous and competitive benefits package. This position will travel within Alaska as necessary to achieve organizational and individual work plan goals with minimal out-of-state travel for training and conferences. All Alaska Center staff have access to professional development opportunities.
The Alaska Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and provides a supportive work environment with excellent benefits and incentives. Employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic as established under law.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Director” in the subject line. Position open until filled. The first review of applications will be June 7, 2019.
More searches like this
- Accounting / Finance Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Anchorage
- Advocacy / Lobbying Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Anchorage
- Conservation Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Anchorage
- Development / Fundraising Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Anchorage
- Event Planning Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Anchorage