- Degree Level
Jewish Family & Career Services of Atlanta (JF&CS) provides health, career and human services to support and enhance the well-being of individuals and families across all ages, faiths, cultures and lifestyles. Its more than 30 programs serve a variety of populations, including children, teens, parents and older adults. JF&CS is now seeking an Executive Assistant for the Chief Executive Officer.
Purpose: Provides executive administrative support for the Chief Executive Officer.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO, including managing an extremely active calendar of appointments, completing expense reports, composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential, arranging off-site meetings, itineraries, and agendas, and compiling documents for all meetings.
- Plans, coordinates, and ensures that the CEO’s schedule is followed and respected. Provides “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO’s time.
- Handles correspondence for the Chief Executive Officer, including but not limited to, agendas, announcements, and minutes of Board and Executive Committee. Prepares all mailings for those meetings.
- Maintains notebooks documenting Board and Executive Committee materials.
- Responsible for gift administration of all agency contributions.
- Responsible for coordinating the Tribute Funds Program.
- Performs other administrative projects as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, and following up appropriately.
- Provides leadership to build internal and external relationships crucial to the success of the Agency, and manages a variety of special projects for the CEO, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs, handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Ensures all necessary travel arrangements are confirmed for meetings.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Emotional maturity.
- Highly resourceful team player with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to prioritize competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Forward-looking thinking, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Must have the ability to work some evening and weekend hours.
- Office environment/event.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong work tenure with favorable references.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), as well as social media platforms.
- Active involvement in continuing education and community service.