- Experience Level
Reports To: Development Department
Time Commitment: Full time, exempt, 40 hours/week including some evenings and weekends
Summary: We are recruiting a Development Manager who will be responsible for planning, developing, and maintaining a comprehensive private and public sector fund-raising program on behalf of NAMI Georgia and to enhance the mission and vision established by the Board of Directors. This position will also develop federal, state and foundation partnership strategies, maintain relationships with funder administrative contacts, and work in partnership with our development department to strategically seek out additional fundraising opportunities. This position will also be solely responsible for writing and producing funding proposals and grant reports.
Primary Job duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a comprehensive written annual resource development plan with strategies for donors and prospects in each constituent group including: individuals, faith groups, organizations, corporations, etc.
- Provide weekly reports to the ED and the board which measure progress towards achieving the plan.
- Broaden NAMI Georgia’s fundraising by developing approaches such as planned giving, solicitation of bequests, and endowment programs.
- Responsible for maintaining close working relationships with the Foundation Board and the active, ongoing, and smooth functioning of this Board as it seeks to increase private and public sector funding for the Agency.
- Examines ways of packaging and marketing these programs to philanthropic supporters.
- Develop and implement the strategic plan to identify, cultivate and manage foundation relationships.
- Maintain relationships with foundation staff and provide regular and ad hoc impact reports and other communication.
- Prepare letters of appreciations for donations/grants received.
- Manage the solicitation, grant writing and stewardship process for foundation grants.
- Write letters of inquiry, proposals and reports for grants ranging from $10,000 to $1,000,000+.
- Work with programs personnel to understand programmatic goals and align asks with program objectives.
Reporting and Research
- Track opportunities and progress in data tracking system.
- Create and maintain weekly reporting on progress towards annualized goals.
- Ensure compliance to grant requirements and provide accurate and timely reporting.
- Manage the foundation calendar to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Conduct ongoing research to uncover new prospects.
- Knowledge of trends, techniques and practices federal, state and foundation grant making/
- Track record of initiating, cultivating and successfully closing grants and ensuring reporting accuracy
- Past experience and success in mission-based fundraising
- Understanding of cultivation and stewardship, and how to develop long-term strategies for key foundation supporters that maximizes their giving potential.
- Grant Management: 3 years
- Mission based fundraising: 3 years
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to function well independently and as part of a team
- High level of accountability and ownership for role responsibilities
- Strong organizational abilities, including planning and execution
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a talent for building strong relationships throughout an organization and community
- Proven ability to manage simultaneous priorities under pressure
- Demonstrated analytical and strategic thinking capabilities
Company provides competitive compensation package including exceptional benefits, a fun work environment and flexibility.
Please include cover letter, resume and writing example.