- Experience Level
Reports To: Development Department
Time Commitment: Full time, exempt, 40 hours/week including some evenings and weekends
Summary: This position is responsible for providing coordination on all fundraising initiatives including NAMIWalks, special events, major gifts, planned giving, sponsorships, donor cultivation and grant writing. Identify, organize and manage the fundraising activities of the affiliate with a focus on new opportunities to obtain ongoing and increased support from corporations, public and private organizations, faith communities, and individuals.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
- Create and implement strategies for donor development and cultivation which will provide a diverse and sustainable funding base for NAMI Georgia.
- Keep up-to-date on current fundraising programs, practices and procedures used in the nonprofit sector that would benefit NAMI Georgia.
- Create and implement major gifts program, planned giving program, and volunteer giving program.
- Identify and pursue new sources of corporate and foundation funding.
- Build and maintain relationships with major donors of all types, develop strategies for solicitation, and solicit or coordinate the solicitation by Executive Director, other staff, board or volunteers, as appropriate.
- Create and update collateral materials to support gift cultivation.
- Develop and implement all aspects of direct donor mailings, appeal letters, and other donor mailings as needed.
- Ensure that the donor database information is current and accurate.
- Acknowledgement of all gifts and donations.
- Coordinate all activities associated with the implementation and planning of the local NAMIWalks program, including recruitment, retention and cultivation of participants and teams, sponsors and other volunteer leadership.
- Manage or oversee all fund development events.
- Promote events to the business community as a way to support the organization.
- Work with appropriate staff and volunteers to ensure that all aspects of a successful event (i.e., NAMIWalks are coordinated towards a common goal.
- Develop and solicit sponsors for houses and events as needed.
- Write social media alerts (i.e., FaceBook, Instagram, Twitter).
- Oversee and direct all social media communication, media production and general branding of NAMI Georgia, local NAMI affiliates and all programs.
- Create marketing materials for the organization.
Grant requests and administration (as needed)
- Assist Development Manager with researching and writing grants for the affiliate as needed.
- Provide timely reporting and ensure compliance as required by grant award documentation.
- Administer draw requests for any funding source which operates through a “draw down” or reimbursement process.
- B.A./B.S. preferred with an emphasis or concentration in business, marketing, public relations or related field.
- Two – five years professional development and fund-raising experience.
- Advanced PC skills and expert proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Donor database experience desirable).
- Desire to work as part of a team and willingness to promote the principles and views of NAMI Georgia.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision – self-motivated & confident.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work well with people from all backgrounds with varying degrees of experience.
- Ability to inspire, train, motivate, challenge, and supervise volunteers.
- Confident public speaking and able to express ideas verbally and in writing.