- Experience Level
As the key management leader of Kingston Midtown Rising, Inc., the Executive Director is responsible for the administration, finances, programs, and strategic plan of the organization as well as for the oversight of any persons hired to manage an extensive building renovation for which funding has already been secured. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
Board Governance: Work with Board to fulfill and evolve the organization’s Mission.
- Lead Kingston Midtown Rising in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s Mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Communicate effectively with the Board and provide, in a timely and accurate manner, all information and reports, including Annual Reports, necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Work with the Board in securing board development training and in developing best practices
Financial Management: Work with and oversee the organization’s financial staff to monitor procedures and processes sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Oversee and safeguard the fiscal integrity of Midtown Rising, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements accurately reflecting the financial condition of the organization.
- Provide fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
Fundraising: Lead fundraising and development of other resources necessary to support Midtown Rising’s Mission.
- Plan and oversee fundraising events and appeals; Lead donor relations initiatives
Building Renovation Oversight: Oversee planning and renovation of Clinton Avenue United Methodist Church, Kingston NY with oversight over hired project manager
- Oversee and maintain relationships with professionals involved in building project, including architects, construction manager/general contractor, city planning staff
- Maintain effective working partnerships with funders, church and key community leaders
General Administration: Work with Board and staff to ensure that the Mission is fulfilled through programs, resource utilization, personnel, strategic planning, and community outreach.
- Lead the organization’s Management Team.
- Recruit and oversee staff and volunteers.
- Implement and evaluate programs that carry out the organization’s Mission.
- Ensure effective systems, including record keeping, to regularly evaluate scaling progress, measure successes, and report relevant information to the Board, funders, and other constituents.
- Lead strategic planning to ensure the organization can fulfill its Mission into the future.
- Provide for the enhancement of the organization’s image/brand by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other civic, religious, professional, and private organizations.
- Institute and execute training and policies for inclusion, de-escalation, sexual harassment, etc. with and for board members, staff and constituents
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent professional experience
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Three or more years of nonprofit leadership or equivalent
- Ability to effectively convey vision of Kingston Midtown Rising’s strategic future to board, donors, volunteers, staff, and community
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, and program development
- Budget management skills, including budget preparation and oversight, fiscal decision making and reporting
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
- Demonstrated ability to interface and engage with diverse community, volunteer, and donor groups
- Collaborative skills to effectively work with board members, staff, volunteers, and community partners
- Experience in recruiting and supervising staff
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including public speaking abilities
- Conversational Spanish skills, preferred
- Willingness to work with a diverse religious communities in a sensitive and respectful manner
- Ability to problem solve and utilize principles of nonviolent communication to resolve conflict
- Consideration and accommodation for the Clinton Ave UMC and desire to protect the integrity of 122 Clinton Avenue as a sacred space, an respect for the Clinton Ave congregation as a collaborative partner
Priority will be given to applicants who currently live in or are willing to relocate to the City of Kingston.
Kingston Midtown Rising, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and seeks highly qualified applicants who contribute to the robust health of the organization, especially its diversity, equity and inclusion. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter and three references to email@example.com Qualified candidates will be invited to submit a written response to a prompt about their vision for developing our organization three days ahead of a formal interview with the Executive Director search committee. The final phase of the hiring process will include a meet and greet with the entire Board and require a presentation of their vision for the organization.
More searches like this
- Accounting / Finance Youth Development $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Kingston
- Development / Fundraising Youth Development $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Kingston
- Executive / Senior Management Youth Development $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Kingston
- Housing / Construction Youth Development $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Kingston
- Program / Project Management Youth Development $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Kingston