- Experience Level
The Center for Human Rights & Constitutional Law (CHRCL) is a nonprofit, public interest law office dedicated to furthering the legal, civil, and human rights of immigrants, refugees, children, prisoners, and the poor.
Since 1997, CHRCL has had a nationwide settlement with the Government that sets the national standards for the humane treatment and option for prompt release from custody of detained immigrant children. The 1997 FloresAgreement also gives the Center for Human Rights and Constitutional Law the right to access any detention center holding minors and conduct interviews. CHRCL also serves as lead class counsel in a proposed nationwide, class action case challenging policies and procedures followed by the U.S. Parole Commission to deny several elderly, long-term prisoner’s release on parole. The Center’s Director is also currently working with the Los Angeles City Council to enact a model Human and Civil Rights ordinance for the City of Los Angeles.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Center is seeking a full or part-time Fundraiser to assist the Executive Director in raising funds or otherwise soliciting and gathering monetary donations or other gifts for Center’s various advocacy and litigation initiatives and it’s homeless youth shelter, Casa Libre.
The fundraiser will have responsibility for several tasks, including the following:
- Compile or develop materials to submit to granting or other funding organizations.
- Develop and maintain media and donor contact lists.
- Develop strategies to encourage new or increased contributions.
- Recruit sponsors, participants, or volunteers for fundraising events.
- Secure commitments of participation or donation from individuals or corporate donors.
- Develop fundraising activity plans that maximize participation or contributions and minimize costs
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Volunteer recruitment and project coordination/management experience preferred.
- Exceptionalresearch, writing, and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice and the practice of law in the public interest.
- Spanish fluency preferred but not required.
More searches like this
- Advocacy / Lobbying Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Los Angeles
- Development / Fundraising Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Los Angeles
- Event Planning Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Los Angeles
- Public Policy / Administration Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Los Angeles