- Experience Level
Organization: KeyPoint Alliance, Inc. www.1kpa.org
Title of Position: Associate Director
Department: TRIO Programs
Reports To: Executive Director
Working Conditions: Professional office environment with frequent local travel; work requires some evening and weekends
Salary Range: 60,000-66,500 (salary will be commensurate with qualifications, education and experience)
Location: Atlanta, GA
The TRIO Associate Director provides assistance and support for three (3) pre-college TRiO Programs, which consist of two (2) Upward Bound projects and one (1) Talent Search project. The projects serve a total of 620 students annually. The goals of TRiO's pre-college programs are to increase the number of low- income, potential first-generation college students to stay in school, take a rigorous curriculum, graduate from high school, and enroll in and graduate college.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the TRIO Director in the weekly reconciling, balancing and tracking of all three TRIO budgets in order to ensure the fiscal integrity and fiscal controls of TRIO funds.
- Assists the TRIO Director in budget forecasting and strategic management for academic year and summer programming, including events and transportation.
- Responsible for tracking and managing sick and vacation leave as well as comp time of all program staff; collect and maintain all time and effort forms for all TRIO programs.
- Ensure the organization’s and TRIO Projects documents are completed accurately and timely.
- Responsible for staying up to date on knowledge and training regarding relevant current legislation, regulations, required and permissible program services, and allowable costs pertaining to the TRIO Projects.
- Assist the TRIO Director with conducting frequent site visits to partnering schools to monitor all TRIO staff in order to ensure quality control of the rendering and implementation of TRIO services.
- Assist the TRIO staff with the identification and recruitment process to enroll and serve eligible students for all three TRIO projects.
- Assist with developing, implementing and facilitating professional development trainings, meetings and activities for the continuous improvement of all TRIO programs staff.
- Assist the TRIO Director to supervise and manage the TRIO staff, and ensure all TRIO staff are adhering to KPA policies, practices, protocols, and procedures as well as applicable federal guidelines and regulations in the course of daily work activities and practices.
- Assist TRIO program staff in the monitoring and tracking of all participating and graduating TRIO program participants.
- Responsible for monitoring, maintaining and ensuring the ongoing networking aspects of the participant’s electronic database (Blumen) for all TRIO programs.
- Serve as a proxy lead for and to all TRIO programs in the absence of the TRIO Director.
- Assist the TRIO Director in analyzing and preparing quarterly TRIO programs reports for the Board of Directors and other stakeholders.
- Responsible for conducting frequent file audits of all TRIO programs’ participants files.
- Assist the TRIO Director in maintaining and updating all TRIO programs policy and procedural manuals, as well as fiscal controls, programming and evaluation documents.
- Assist in efforts to attract, recruit and retain qualified staff for all TRIO programs; Assist with managing new employee onboarding; assist with the performance management and appraisal process of all TRIO staff.
- Responsible for reviewing and providing feedback to TRIO staff regarding their weekly and/or monthly reports.
- Frequently cultivate strong, collaborative, achievement driven relationships with partnering schools, higher education institutions and/or community entities to accomplish TRIO pre-college programs’ mission, goals and objectives.
- Serve as a liaison for all TRIO programs at school, community, college and university functions, events, meetings, etc. to represent, advocate for and promote all TRIO programs.
- Conduct relevant TRIO workshops and presentations for parents and students of all TRIO programs.
- On a bi-monthly basis, works closely with the TRIO Director, the Certified Public Accounting firm and other relevant parties to document and account for all TRIO programs expenditures.
- Plans and develops publicity, marketing and other measures designed to inform and encourage the participation of target community groups for all TRIO programs.
- Submits detailed weekly/monthly progress reports of time and effort of work performed for all TRIO programs; and provide all other reports as requested.
- Responsible for ensuring all TRIO equipment is properly secured, managed, inventoried, stored, tracked, loaned, and returned according to organizational protocol.
- Assist the TRIO Director to locate and secure additional resources and continuous support to maximize opportunities and resources for all TRIO participants.
- Responsible for regularly communicating with TRIO staff in person, by email, or phone to provide input, feedback and confirm accuracy of verbal instructions and documentation.
- Ensure proper documentation is in each students’ file to satisfy eligibility criteria, and adequate and up to date records are on file to substantiate the rending of required services, and demonstrate students specifically, and the programs in general are achieving stated objectives.
- Work closely with the TRIO Director and other staff to evaluate the Projects' performance and address programming or students' issues in a manner that is consistent with achieving the programs' mission, goals and objectives.
- Assist TRIO staff in preparing the U.S.D.E’s APR (Annual Performance Report) and helps to ensure progress toward meeting all TRIO programs objectives.
- Assist with summative and formative evaluations.
- Responsible for ensuring administrative and student records/ files are secured, updated, maintained, organized and accurate (digital and hard copies).
- Assist with providing supervision to all TRIO staff, student assistants, interns, contractors, and volunteers.
- Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as required by the TRIO Director.
- Perform all other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Possess strong leadership, management and supervisory skills.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills.
- Demonstrate strong ability to take initiative in consistently executing job duties, tasks, and responsibilities
- Demonstrate efficient organizational, and time management skills.
- Possess discretion, sound judgment, and solid decision making skills.
- Be highly capable of following directives/instructions, as well as be conscientious and detailed oriented.
- Be able to effectively recruit and retain program participants.
- Be informed about and able to integrate appropriate technologies into the program and services.
- Be comfortable dressing in professional business attire.
- Have at least 6 years of experience working in a leadership capacity in an educational and/or nonprofit setting that impacts the educationally disadvantaged/non-traditional student populations (TRIO experience preferred).
- Possess applicable knowledge of university procedures regarding admissions and financial aid.
- Demonstrate knowledge of persistence and graduation strategies.
- Be computer literate including Microsoft office and database management (Blumen knowledge preferred, but not required).
- Have knowledge of current academic counseling strategies to facilitate achievement.
- Be familiar with Georgia's high school curriculum and graduation requirements.
- Be sensitive to the needs of diverse and disadvantaged populations (having a background similar to participants is preferred)
- Prepare and present engaging, interactive, and age appropriate presentations to keep youth interested and focused.
- Possess good presentation skills and be able to speak confidently in front of large groups.
- Be able to communicate on the go and make frequent visits to school sites to promote the TS and UB programs and render services in the Metropolitan Atlanta and Douglasville area partnering schools.
- Possess the ability to maintain strict confidentiality of information.
- Be adaptable and flexible with regard to frequent changes in work schedule.
Please note: This is a benefits eligible position after provisional period of employment. Benefits include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Eye Insurance
- 401K Plan with Competitive Employer Match
- Sick Leave
- Vacation Leave
- Annual bonus for top performers
- Sponsored Training and Professional Development Opportunities (local and national)
- Mileage Reimbursement
- And more!
Minimum Hiring Standards
Education: Minimum of master's degree in a relevant discipline such as Business Administration, Education, Social Work, Human Services, Psychology, Sociology, etc. is required.
Years of Experience: At least 6 years of leadership and management experience that involves designing, and/or implementing academic support program(s) in education or community-based setting(s) to improve “at risk” student populations’ educational attainment in secondary or postsecondary school. At least 3 years of proven budget experience. TRIO experience preferred.
Other Requirements: A criminal background check and drug screening is required. Some evenings and weekend work is required.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS:
Interested applicants must submit the four (4) items below which are:
- Complete the entire application for this position (including salary information).
- Provide a cover letter expressing interest in the position.
- Attach or include a resume detailing experience
- Provide the names and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references. At least two (2) of the three (3) professional references must be current or former supervisors.
Please note: a criminal background check and drug screening is required. Please, NO phone calls regarding this position.
If you desire more than the advertised salary range, your application Will NOT be considered. Also, please complete the entire application. Incomplete applications Will NOT be reviewed.
More searches like this
- Administrative / Clerical Youth Development $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Douglasville
- Child Care / After school / Counselor Youth Development $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Douglasville
- Direct Service / Social Service Youth Development $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Douglasville
- Education / Teaching Youth Development $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Douglasville