- Degree Level
Reports To: Accounting Manager
Location: Atlanta, GA
Direct Reports: none
Financial Target: NA
Key Purpose of the Role:
The Accountant will assist the Accounting Manager directly with accounts payables, the month-end close process, financial reporting and administrative functions. This position will coordinate the timely and accurate processing of invoice and expense requests utilizing Concur. In addition, the position will provide accounting and administrative support to facilitate timely financial reporting and the maintenance of organized accounting records.
- Coordinate the accounts payables process to ensure vendors and employees are paid on time and expenses are coded properly.
- Maintain organized accounts payables records and a supporting filing system.
- Ensure that all invoices, expense reimbursements, and credit card transactions are imported from Concur to the general ledger each month.
- Assist the Accounting Manager with the monthly close process, including account reconciliations.
- Provide administrative support for accounting functions.
- Promote GCAPP’s culture and lead by example.
- Perform other duties as required.
Specific Day to Day Tasks:
- Open, date stamp, sort and distribute mail for the Accounting Department.
- Review invoices, scan into Concur system and assign to appropriate staff.
- Process contractor, general administrative and operating related invoices in Concur.
- Review and process employee expense reports and Corporate Card reports in Concur.
- Print invoices and match up with checks and/or proof of payments.
- Resolve vendor-related questions pertaining to invoices/charges.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly grant invoices and reporting packages.
- Prepare monthly bank and other balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and adjusting entries.
- Generate and distribute month financial reports to program managers.
- Request W-9’s from new vendors and assist with annual 1099 processing.
- Perform administrative support tasks such as data entry, copying, filing, scanning, etc.
- Accounting Manager
- Vendors and Contractors
- GCAPP Staff
- GCAPP Guests and Visitors
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting principles
- Accounts payables processing and management
- Bank reconciliations and other balance sheet account reconciliations
- Monthly journal entry preparation
- Highly organized multitasker who works well managing and completing priorities
- Works well with minimal supervision while delivering high results
- Experience using Concur for accounts payables processing
- Experience tracking grant expenditures
- Experience importing and exporting data to and from the general ledger system
- High sense of individual accountability
- Ability to set and manage expectations at all levels
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment
Skills and Abilities
- Intermediate Microsoft Office – including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good judgement and ability to handle confidential information
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to anticipate needs and proactively solve problems
- Up to date knowledge of software programs which maximize efficiency
- Builds strong working relationships and partnerships
- Non-profit accounting experience
- Excellent team player who builds positive relationships
- Proactive with a strong sense of initiative and ability to work independently
- Ability to work with strong personalities and different work styles
- High sense of self awareness
- Ability to give, ask for and accept feedback