Donor Relations and Events Coordinator
- Experience Level
Make the Road New York (MRNY) is hiring a full time Donor Relations & Events Coordinator to help meet the fundraising goals for an annual organizational budget of $19 million.
Make the Road New York (MRNY) builds the power of immigrant and working class communities to achieve dignity and justice through organizing, policy innovation, transformative education, and survival services. MRNY operates neighborhood-based community centers in Bushwick, Brooklyn; Jackson Heights, Queens; Port Richmond, Staten Island; Brentwood, Long Island and, White Plains - Westchester. With a membership of more than 23,000 low-income New Yorkers, MRNY tackles the critical issues facing our community: workplace justice, tenants' rights, immigrant rights, language-access, TGNCIQ rights, public education, health care access, police issues, and immigration reform.
Make the Road New York seeks a Donor Relations and Events Coordinator to identify, cultivate and communicate with donors and raise money through special events, direct asks, and mass (email, mail, social media) appeals. The Coordinator will work closely with senior staff, be part of a fast-paced development department and report directly to the Major Gifts Officer.
This position is ideal for an ambitious go-getter with a deep commitment to social justice who thrives both in team settings and in independent work, is highly self-motivated, and able to organize, plan, prioritize, and execute multiple duties with minimal supervision. A strong candidate has proven success organizing events and developing and implementing donor strategies, solid writing skills, strong attention to detail, and excellent interpersonal skills.
MRNY is a large, multi-faceted organization, and this position requires flexibility, a positive attitude, impeccable time management skills, rigorous attention to detail, a sense of humor, and the ability to juggle many tasks and manage competing priorities. This position will be based in Bushwick, Brooklyn.
Major Gifts Officer
- Assist in planning and executing fundraising campaigns and events that meet or exceed the organization’s $3 million unrestricted fundraising goal
- In collaboration with the Major Gift Officer, develop and coordinate special events (house parties, donor site visits, corporate receptions, annual Gala, etc.) including overseeing outreach, logistics, communications, materials, and fundraising to meet event goal
- In collaboration with the Major Gift Officer, increase the number of individual donors giving below $5,000 and the level of giving through identification, cultivation and solicitation to meet the financial goals of the department; and develop and execute a strategy to sustain this expanded base of annual individual donors and monthly givers
- Provide backup to senior program staff in their individual and event fundraising efforts, including drafting tailored communications for senior staff
- Research and secure new sources of financial support, including new donors, local businesses, and event sponsors
- Ensure regular, personalized, and timely communications with donors and prospects
- In collaboration with the Major Gift Officer, develop and oversee appeals strategy and timeline, including drafting language, managing creation of donor materials, and coordinating logistics
- Assist in coordination and management of allies network and provide fundraising team with support and oversight
- Research, create, and manage donor profiles in our Salesforce database, identifying giving history, capacity, relevant personal information (giving history, interests, etc)
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Eligible to work in the US
- 3+ years of relevant fundraising and/or events coordination experience for a nonprofit
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively and to develop and drive a plan forward
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to represent the organization with donors as well as interface with all levels of staff while maintaining flexibility, tact, and a positive attitude
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills and unrelenting attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and complete assignments under strict deadlines with minimal supervision
- Commitment to social justice, with a desire to grow within the development department, and experience working in a multicultural and multi-ethnic work environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and databases, ideally Salesforce
- Bilingual English/Spanish (preferred)
MRNY offers an excellent benefit package including health insurance, 401K, and generous paid vacation, sick, personal days and paid maternity / paternity leave.
How to Apply:
Please immediately send cover letter and resume.
- Please add Events Coordinator in the subject line.
- Please attach the cover letter and resume AND copy of the cover letter into the body of the email.
Make the Road New York is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and seeks to insure equal opportunity and equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to race, creed, religion, color, citizenship, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, genetic information and sexual orientation, in all employment decisions including but not limited to hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.