Special Events Manager, South Florida
- Position Type
- Full Time
The Parkinson's Foundation makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience and passion of our global Parkinson's community.
The Special Events Manager is responsible for the implementation of the mission through fundraising events, corporate development, and volunteer development. The person in this role will cultivate partnerships and alliances that will promote growth and awareness within the community.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop, implement and monitor an annual budget and work plan for 3 annual fundraising special events and individual/major giving
- Create and implement strategies to meet fundraising goals special events and individual giving.
- Lead fundraising efforts, leadership development and volunteer development with corporate partners.
- Help to recruit volunteer leaders to serve on local advisory Board.
- Recruit and manage volunteer leaders and committee members to assist in implementing the fundraising work plan.
- Serve as a consultant and resource to volunteers. Provide professional leadership in planning and implementing their tasks and/or responsibilities.
- Assure appropriate utilization of volunteer skills and resources and provide guidance in carrying out assignments and recognition for their time and effort.
- Maintain accurate and complete records and files for fundraising events and activities and routinely review the status of each with your supervisor.
- Direct the cultivation, solicitation, follow-up and recognition process for individual, corporate, foundation and general donations related to special events
- Work closely with the Major Gifts officer and Donor Services team in the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors.
- Coordinate all collateral materials related to fundraising events and activities.
- Coordinate event logistics for special events including site identification and permitting, vendor selection, recruitment of event day volunteers and other various duties.
- Collaborate with community program staff on the outline of program offerings for the community based public education programs.
- Coordinate public relations and promotion for fundraising events, and activities.
- Perform all other duties and tasks required to support all new and/or proposed fundraising event and special events and activities.
- Actively seek opportunities to address community needs and positively impact local community while advancing the mission, goals and values.
- Keep abreast of National Office activities and properly utilize the resources available.
- Be knowledgeable about Parkinson’s disease and the Foundation’s strategic plan and operations.
- Assure the proper use, management, security and upkeep of the facilities, equipment and documents.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree.
- Five to seven years in not-for-profit fundraising, preferably within a health-related organization.
- Demonstrated track record of successful fundraising experience that includes walk, special events, corporate/foundation giving, donor cultivation and recognition, donor records and acknowledgement.
- Proven and applicable skills in strategic planning and budgeting and volunteer development.
- Proven success in staff management
- Self-motivated, results oriented leader with strong organizational skills.
- An effective communicator, both written and oral.
- Proficiency in MS Office- Raiser’s Edge and Convio a plus.
- Ability to work a variety of hours including days, nights, and weekends.
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel throughout South Florida.
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate, “Special Events Manager, South Florida” in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please
The Parkinson's Foundation is an equal opportunity employer