Posada Project Housing- Case Manager
- Degree Level
Amigos de Guadalupe fulfills its mission by focusing on four strategies: Expansive Outreach (alcance comunitario), Trusted Information & Referral ( amigos de confianza), Targeted Direct Services Program ( comunidad fortalecida) and Case management (compañerismo). The Housing Case Manager will be mostly focused on comunidad fortalecida andcompañerismo.
Founded on the principles of justice and advocacy, Amigos de Guadalupe Center for Justice and Empowerment partners with the Si Se Puede Collective and local agencies to make social services more accessible to the Mayfair Community; to strengthen individuals and the community through education; and to address social inequities by creating strong leaders through community organizing.
Posada Project at Amigos de Guadalupe believes it is critical to support individuals and families who find themselves in need of housing support. When individuals or families are forced from their homes despair from displacement limits every member from thriving. At Amigos de Guadalupe we believe that as individuals and families are in transition they must be able to access basic need services. Community members in our housing program are able to access on-site services. This project aims to go further by bringing those greatly affected with community members and community advocates in order to solve the larger problem of lack of affordable housing in the Silicon Valley. We believe that building community with our unhoused population will also help them feels less isolated.
Housing case Managers report to Senior Case Manager and Associate Program Manager.
● Demonstrated commitment to help break the cycle of homelessness and poverty, and to empower formerly homeless and homeless people by involving them in all aspects of Amigos de Guadalupe.
● Intake and assessment services to the identify needs and strengths of the referred individuals and families for services using VI-SPDAT and PR VI-SPDAT.
● Assist clients with developing permanent housing plans. Assist and support clients with housing searches, housing placement and other activities.
● Work with outside agencies to ensure quality resources for client
● Maintain client files to agency standards including paper and electronic files.
● Follow agency protocols and procedures regarding contract objectives and specifics
● Attend agency and other program meetings as appropriate.
● Conduct intakes and ensure that appropriate follow-up and/or referrals are complete and documented in a timely and efficient manner.
● Provide ongoing creative outreach and engagement for referrals and involvement in community events
● Reply to emails, text phone calls and voicemails within 24 hours
● Visit sites were Amigos de Guadalupe offers services at least once a month and serve as agencies representative.
● Participate in program meetings, staff meetings, department meetings and additional work groups
● In collaboration with Senior Case Manager develop and facilitate groups and community building activities (Safe Park)
● Provide back-up coverage for other Case Managers as needed
● Availability to work evenings and weekends
● Other duties assigned by supervisor
ABILITIES / KNOWLEDGE
● Basic housing issues or advocacy efforts
● Clarity Human Services
● Knowledge of VI-SPDAT & PR VI-SPDAT
● Planning, organization and time management
● Fluently bilingual in Spanish and English
● Ability to work in a variety of settings with culturally-diverse individuals and families and be culturally sensitive
● Knowledge of Salesforce a plus
● BA, MA or equivalent
● Valid CA drivers license and insurance