- Degree Level
San Francisco Community Health Center (formerly API Wellness) is a multi-cultural health services, education, research, and policy organization. We transform lives by advancing health, wellness and equality. We strengthen the well-being of and lead underserved communities--of all races, ethnicities, gender identities, sexual orientations, and immigration statuses--toward justice and health. Founded in 1987 as an all-volunteer, community-based response to the AIDS crisis in communities of color, we are an anchor-organization for San Francisco's Tenderloin neighborhood, and we also lead regional, statewide, and national programming. We believe that everyone deserves to be healthy and needs access to the highest quality health care.
The Contracts Manager is responsible for monitoring and maintaining compliance with all contracts. This position will interface with program staff to review and update contract budgets and changes are made by the funder, this will include an understanding of the program narratives. The Contracts Manager performs ongoing revenue projection and analysis, as well as monitors contract compliance with the managerial staff. This position reports to the Finance Director.
Contract Reporting, Monitoring, and Renewals
- Lead coordination and preparation of federal, state and local government contract renewal applications -- work with department directors, program, finance, and administrative staff, to insure submissions meet funder requirements;
- Assist program staff to develop strategic program narratives, progress reports, and final reports;
- Coordinate with finance and program staff to develop budgets for all contract proposals and renewals, manage budget modifications, allocations and spending plans;
- With Program Staff serve as liaison and point of contact with government funders;
- Lead the coordination and reporting of contract deliverables;
- Manage record keeping for all contract-related correspondence and documentation;
- Ensure compliance with contract requirements in collaboration with program staff;
- Participate in the Finance and Program group.
Planning & Analysis
- With finance, develop public contract revenue projections annually and as needed;
- With Program staff develop ongoing analysis of contract progress to inform overall agency planning and decision-making;
- Maintain contract tracker of response to RFPs and reports to ensure timely submission of reports, meeting and complying with all external deadlines, and projecting workload across development staff, consultants, and directors.
- Other duties as assigned.
*Requires occasional evening and weekend work (may increase seasonally); may require lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Bachelor’s degree in Non-Profit Management, Business Administration, Health Care Administration or related field or equivalent work experience; a combination of experience and education will be considered;
- At least 5 years’ experience in contract monitoring and management;
- Experience in monitoring and tracking contract service deliverables;
- Must be a team player with strong interpersonal skills yet have an ability to work independently;
- Superior organizational skills, attention to detail, and follow-through
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Experience in contracts/program management within the HIV/AIDS, health, and /or social services preferred
- Fluency in English and an Asian or Pacific Islander language
For more information on the San Francisco Community Health Center, formerly known as API Wellness Center please visit our website at www.sfcommunityhealth.org.
- San Francisco, CA
TO APPLY: Only applications through our online database will be considered. Please include both you cover letter and resume when prompted to insert your resume in the database here:
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes: medical, dental and vision insurance, generous vacation, sick leave and holidays, one-month sabbatical, 403(b) with employer match, flexible work schedule, flex spending account, life insurance, long-term disability, professional development opportunities and more! (Benefits guidelines and eligibility vary based on tenure, employment status and FTE, among other factors.)
San Francisco Community Health Center (formerly known as API Wellness) is an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. San Francisco Community Health Center (formerly known as API Wellness) does not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability status, gender identity, HIV status, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records