Director of Community & Education
- Experience Level
Uplift Georgia’s main focus is to improve the lives of lower to middle income apartment complex residents by cultivating community and increasing social capital among neighbors. Uplift Georgia provides educational, enriching, and entertaining opportunities for residents to participate in together. We believe these shared experiences coupled with an increase of interaction between neighbors will ultimately lead to greater social capital, higher levels of trust, and an overall greater willingness to support and invest in their community. Uplift Georgia also aims to increase access to untapped resources available in a given community while simultaneously providing increased access to outside resources through the forging of relationships between residents and members of other supportive organizations.
Uplift Georgia is looking to hire a Director of Community & Education to oversee all of our educational and community programming at six different apartment complex locations. The DCE is also responsible for partnering with apartment complex management teams, writing grants for the NP, & growing, strengthening, and evaluating current and future programming.
- Supervision of the Community Coordinator Program
- Participate in events and programming on a regular basis.
- Meet weekly with each CC to provide support, feedback, guidance, and instruction.
- Provide monthly professional development sessions with all CCs.
- Assist CCs in maintaining and growing our partnerships
- Oversee all budgets and assure all programming is meeting target budgets
- Supervision of the Afterschool Programs
- Train teachers, meet regularly to discuss student performance, provide regular professional development, review small group lessons, model effective teaching strategies
- Work with students as needed, fill in for teacher as needed, assess students
- Collaborate with school, attend school meetings as necessary
- Partnering with other organizations.
- Maintain all current partnerships, communicate regularly
- Grow our partnerships with other organizations
- Manage the day-to-day responsibilities of a nonprofit organization
- Prepare for and attend board meetings
- Submit grants and donation requests
- Maintain all expectations for licensure and grants received
- Meet regularly with the accountant
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of related experience
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Ability to be proactive and solve problems
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com
More searches like this
- Development / Fundraising Youth Development $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in Marietta
- Education / Teaching Youth Development $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in Marietta
- Event Planning Youth Development $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in Marietta
- Executive / Senior Management Youth Development $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in Marietta
- Program / Project Management Youth Development $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in Marietta