Adolescent Girls Direct Care Worker
- Experience Level
Possess, at minimum, an Associate Degree or higher and two years of residential direct care service experience with children and families or in a behavioral or social science field.
• Summary: Responsible for the daily care and supervision of program Princess Warriros (PW) in the living unit. Partners with the therapeutic, educational, and life skills staff to meet retreat goals and individual Princess Warrior goals. "Individuals with experience of sexual exploitation/trauma are welcome and encouraged to apply.
• Job Duties:The duties of this position include but are not limited to the following:
• Maintaining the culture of Sevananda Retreat • Follow the schedule of the retreat • Actively participate in program activities • Perform administrative functions as needed • Transport Princess Warriors to appointments and activities • Complete 15 minute bed checks for PW's during sleeping hours • Complete, meal planning, and meal preparation for and with PW's • Lead groups and activities in the evenings and on weekends • Utilize the strength-based approach with PW's and staff • May administer random drug screens • Administer and document medication use of PW's • Ensure adherence to program guidelines • Provide safety checks • Complete accurate and detailed documentation daily and on time • Participate as a team member in applying service plans, safety plans and behavior plans
• Use time on shift to engage with PW's and develop intentional relationships • Cultivate an atmosphere of mutual respect through words and behaviors • Provide direction and encouragement to retreat PW's • Practice and teach healthy boundaries to PW's • Navigate interpersonal conflict by speaking the truth in love, compassion and empathy • Provide support and crisis help as is necessary • Maintain a teachable attitude • This is not an inclusive list of responsibilities.
- Never have been shown by credible evidence (e.g., a court or jury, a department investigation, or other reliable evidence) to have abused, neglected, sexually exploited, or deprived a child or adult or to have subjected any person to serious injury as a result of intentional or grossly serious injury as a result of intentional or grossly negligent misconduct as evidenced by an oral or written statement to this effect obtained at the time of application and evidence of having made efforts to obtain and evaluate references from previous employers
- Documentation of at least 3 professional, educational or personal references that attest to the person’s capability of performing the duties of the position and to the person’s suitability of working with or around children • Satisfactory preliminary criminal history background check determination and a satisfactory fingerprint records check determination as required by law • Clean driving record is essential to fulfilling the job responsibilities
- Documentation from a licensed physician or other licensed healthcare professional of a health screening examination within thirty (30) days of hiring sufficient in scope to identify conditions that may place residents at risk of infection, injury or improper care • Current evidence of successful completion of a biennial training program in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and a triennial training program in first aid which have been offered by a certified or licensed health care professional; such programs shall be completed within the first year of employment
- Participate in all required trainings and show competency in skill areas of training content • Must be 21 years of age or older
Understand and demonstrate a willingness to engage in the core values of Sevananda and guiding principles for the Retreat • Represent Sevananda in a positive way at social activities and events • Abide by Retreat policies and procedures • Possess crisis management skills • Display strength-based tendencies • Effectively communicates with others • Character Requirements • Reliable • Self-motivated • Flexible • Team-Oriented