Campus Administrator (Men’s Services)
- Position Type
- Full Time
Campus Administrator (Men’s Services)
Do you feel called to work in a Christian Ministry?
Do you want to work where you make a difference in the lives of others?
Join us at the Atlanta Mission, where we make a difference in the lives of over 1000 men, women, and children every day by providing food, shelter, clothing, counseling, vocational and spiritual guidance. We get to witness radical life transformations.
As a Campus Administrator, you will serve within our ministry by assisting with day to day administrative and operational support. You will also perform the following:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides administrative support to several leaders and works with employees at all levels to complete projects of a complex and confidential nature
- Receives and responds to routine correspondence while following established procedures not requiring management review
- Analyzes problems, determines possible effective solutions, compiles and analyzes data and prepares recommendations
- Coordinates activities between departments and outside parties
- Performs a variety of clerical duties, including but not limited to typing, filing, taking messages, recording and transcribing meeting minutes, creating presentations, sorting and distributing mail, desktop publishing, correspondence, copying, scheduling appointments, etc.
- Orders, monitors, and disperses office supplies
- Prepares and maintains weekly service and statistical reports
- Responds to inquiries or complaints from clients, volunteers, agencies, or business community
- Train and assist employees on how to use client database
- Assists with Client management
- Manage and train clients and volunteers on front desk
- Collects and deposit fees and donations, maintains accurate financial records and documentation
- Serves as a backup driver as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
You will possess the following:
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong desire to work in a Christian ministry and passion for serving those experiencing homelessness
- Strong computer literacy in MS Office applications and Salesforce
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment where multitasking is constant
- Good organizational, interpersonal, communication and time management skills
- Diligent and reliable in following through on commitments
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three years related experience and/or training
- Experience in working in a social services setting- Preferred
- Crisis intervention training or certification- Preferred
- Communicates Effectively
- Interpersonal Skills
- High emotional and organizational intelligence
- Resolves Conflicts Constructively
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have the ability to remain in a stationary position (standing, sitting and/or walking)
- Must have the ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Must be able to occasionally ascend/descend stairs
- Must be able to distinguish, determine and detest taste or smell
- Must have the ability to constantly operate a computer and other office equipment, such as a copy machine, calculator and computer printer
- Must be able to communicate accurate information
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 25lbs
- Must have peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Environmental Job Requirements:
- Occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions during events
- Occasionally exposed to environmental tunes
- Moderate noise as in a business office environment
Special Job Requirements:
- Valid driver's license, good MVR, and must be older than 21 years of age to drive company vehicles-required
- Some travel (generally in the metro Atlanta area and or/Athens area) maybe required
Employer PAID benefits: Term Life and AD&D Insurance - Short-Term Disability - Long-Term Disability - Travel Assistance Program - Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Employee Advocacy Services - Dental Insurance (If participating in medical plan)
Employer CONTRIBUTED Benefits: Medical and 403b Retirement Plan
Atlanta Mission transforms, through Christ, the lives of those facing homelessness. We are a community united to end homelessness . . . one friend at a time.
Atlanta Mission has been called by God to serve the city of Atlanta.
Since its 1938 beginnings, this Christian nonprofit ministry has grown from a small soup kitchen to a multi-facility organization serving Metro Atlanta's large homeless population. Today, Atlanta Mission provides emergency shelter, rehab and recovery services, vocational training, services, and transitional housing. We serve more than 1,000 homeless men, women, and children every day.
Atlanta Mission meets each person where they are, in their unique circumstances, to provide customized services to help them overcome the cause of their homelessness.
We believe that a relationship with Christ is the key to restoration, redemption, and sustainable change for everyone. We invest in the spiritual, personal, and professional development of people, restoring and equipping them to intentional living. We believe that in empowering and coaching people toward excellence, we impact the quality of all we do.
Various factors lead to homelessness job loss, eviction, family tragedy, addiction, domestic violence, a major health condition, and more. The common denominator is a major crack in their life foundation. Our programs are multi-pronged and multi-layered, designed to meet people where life has led them.