- Degree Level
Hirsch & Associates is seeking a Finance Associate to join our growing firm. The field of philanthropic consulting is growing rapidly as people are increasingly motivated by the power and impact they can have on issues that they care about by investing their private resources in strategic ways. The finance team at Hirsch & Associates provides backbone support for the firm to enable the client teams to do great work in the community. Finance is responsible for improving strategic, financial and operational decision-making across the company. Our culture is one of teamwork and continuous improvement and our goal is to make financial information accessible. We do this by making what is complex seem simple, through analysis that is accurate and easy-to-understand. The perfect person for this role is proactive, takes ownership of their work, has great attention to detail and has an entrepreneurial spirit.
This newly created role will partner closely with and report to the Director of Finance and Operations. This person will be tasked with supporting firm accounting functions, performing billing and invoicing for all clients, participating in report creation and analysis, and supporting firm growth efforts. This person will also lean into the operations of the business, taking on discreet responsibilities in partnership with the HR and Administrative teams. The Finance Associate will learn about and help continue the success of the firm, and will have great opportunity to grow and expand from this role.
Position’s Core Responsibilities:
- Lead monthly invoicing and billing processes for all clients
- Lead the monthly process of completing and assembling all revenue and expense documents to be sent to our offsite accountant ensuring timely turnaround of monthly reporting
- Support with monthly and quarterly finance and management reports for the firm’s senior management team
- Support in creating and analyzing financial models
- Partner with key teams across the organization including client teams, HR, and administration to facilitate financial planning and management processes, and support discreet client needs
- Assist with the pricing and profit analysis of client work
- Provide support on annual budgeting and planning process.
- Assist with ad hoc analysis and projects to drive business decisions.
Basic Candidate Requirements:
- 4+ years relevant experience in finance or accounting
- Experience in financial modeling and quantitative analysis
- Experience in a professional services firm is a plus
- Bachelors Degree with accounting coursework
- Excellent Excel skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Consistent track record of success and career or skill progression
- Exceptional judgement and maturity, including an ability to execute independently and work with team members of all levels
- Able to work with humor and grace under pressure
- Interest in social impact focus of the firm’s work is a plus
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Health benefits; paid time off; employer IRA contribution after six months of employment
Please email resume and cover letter to our recruiter, Lisa Long at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Hirsch & Associates Philanthropic Advisors
In 1999, Susan Hirsch founded Hirsch & Associates Philanthropic Advisors – with the mentorship of legendary philanthropist and community collaborator Warren Hellman—to help philanthropists solve the great challenges of our time. Today we direct more than $100M annually on behalf of our clients.
Hirsch & Associates is more than a philanthropic advisory firm. We are strategic changemakers who have led innovative organizations, community initiatives and advocacy campaigns. Our model for connecting the private, public and nonprofit sectors to create social change distinguishes Hirsch & Associates as a leader in the philanthropic advising field.
We are a team of cross-sector experts, bringing deep knowledge of how to create and scale change with measurable results. We partner with community and non-profit leaders, established foundations and philanthropists, and the private sector to realize our clients’ ambitious goals.
Please see our website for more details: www.hirschassoc.com
Hirsch & Associates is an equal opportunity employer. We respect, honor, and celebrate the unique talents and perspectives that each member of our team contributes to our work.