Social Worker (Men’s Services)
- Degree Level
Social Worker (Men’s Services)
Do you feel called to work in a Christian Ministry?
Do you want to work where you make a difference in the lives of others?
Join us at the Atlanta Mission, where we make a difference in the lives of over 1000 men, women, and children every day by providing food, shelter, clothing, counseling, vocational and spiritual guidance. We get to witness radical life transformations.
The Social Worker is a critical member of our ministry by performing case management services to assist men with their individual needs to overcome their current circumstance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilizes assessment to recommend needed services
- Ensures recommended services are personalized to achieve outcomes
- Provides adjustment support to clients in life event transition
- Provides guidance during crisis intervention
- Leads services for addressing client’s case management needs
- Connects clients with resources offered by community partners (vocational, legal, healthcare, financial ,etc)
- Builds relationships with partners in order to secure additional resources for clients’ needs
- Identifies additional service partners as needed for specific client needs
- Facilitates groups that teach independent living, social, financial, and recovery skills
- Supports clients through job search as needed after vocational training (e.g., group resume office hours, job application workshop, etc.)
- Consults during crisis situations
- Researches and remains current in knowledge of critical resources such as medical, legal, childcare services, and others
- Inputs, tracks, and reports client outcome progression and client engagement data
- Leads a Psycho-education class
- Leverages motivational interviewing to accurately assess client need and match to partner resources
- May serve as a resource for other Social Workers
- Participates in training and educational activities to obtain and/or maintain license
- Attends mission-wide meetings
- Performs other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong desire to work in a Christian ministry and passion for serving those experiencing homelessness
- Strong computer literacy with Microsoft Office applications; experience working in a customer management database; Salesforce experience preferred
- High emotional and organizational intelligence evidenced by success over time in multiple settings
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where multitasking is constant
- Proven ability to be a self-starter
- Well organized and time management with strong follow through
- Ability to work cross-functionally and collaboratively
- Strong Crisis intervention skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelors of Social Work (BSW)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience in mission, ministry or a nonprofit agency serving people
- Experience administering assessments in a social services capacity preferred
- Experience working with clients with serious and persistent mental illness preferred
- Crisis intervention experience
- Communicates Effectively
- Crisis intervention and conflict resolution skills
- High emotional and organizational intelligence
- Resolves Conflicts Constructively
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have the ability to remain in a stationary position (standing, walking and sitting)
- Must have the ability to constantly operate a computer and other office equipment, such as a copy machine, calculator and computer printer
- Must be able to communicate accurate information
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or carry up to 10lbs
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions during events
- Moderate noise as in a business office environment
Employer PAID benefits: Term Life and AD&D Insurance - Short-Term Disability - Travel Assistance Program - Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Employee Advocacy Services
Employer CONTRIBUTED Benefits: Medical and 403b Retirement Plan
Atlanta Mission transforms, through Christ, the lives of those facing homelessness. We are a community united to end homelessness . . . one friend at a time.
Atlanta Mission has been called by God to serve the city of Atlanta.
Since its 1938 beginnings, this Christian nonprofit ministry has grown from a small soup kitchen to a multi-facility organization serving Metro Atlanta's large homeless population. Today, Atlanta Mission provides emergency shelter, rehab and recovery services, vocational training, services, and transitional housing. We serve more than 1,000 homeless men, women, and children every day.
Atlanta Mission meets each person where they are, in their unique circumstances, to provide customized services to help them overcome the cause of their homelessness.
We believe that a relationship with Christ is the key to restoration, redemption, and sustainable change for everyone. We invest in the spiritual, personal, and professional development of people, restoring and equipping them to intentional living. We believe that in empowering and coaching people toward excellence, we impact the quality of all we do.
Various factors lead to homelessness job loss, eviction, family tragedy, addiction, domestic violence, a major health condition, and more. The common denominator is a major crack in their life foundation. Our programs are multi-pronged and multi-layered, designed to meet people where life has led them.