Director of Housing and Family Services
- Position Type
- Full Time
Our House is searching for our next leadership team member!
The Director of Housing and Family Services is responsible for overall planning, development, reporting, implementation and evaluation of Housing and Family Services programs at Our House. This position is responsible for ensuring program services and delivery increase the stability of families in programs. The Director of Housing and Family Services monitors and supports the progress and effectiveness of program plans as well as oversees program staffing, operations and monitors budget for the housing and family services programs. The Director of Housing and Family Services will also provide leadership, supervision and guidance to housing and family services program staff in support of the mission and strategic plan of Our House. This position must be knowledgeable of pertinent community resources, housing related interventions, principles of social work, case management, and fundamentals of program design.
The Director of Housing and Family Services is primarily responsible for ensuring that all housing and family services operations conform to the highest standards of quality. The Director of Housing and Family Services will develop long-term options for all families served in all programs. The Director of Housing and Family Services will also build strategic partnerships with other organizations to advance the mission of Our House. The incumbent will serve as a member of the Our House Leadership team and report to the President and CEO ensure organizational development, growth, and performance according to the strategic plan and annual goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide effective program leadership and management of Housing and family services programs
- Lead, direct and implement a high quality housing and family services program responsive to the needs of families in transition
- Lead and direct program planning, outcome measurements, and evaluation planning for housing and family services programs.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable local, state and federal grant requirements
BA, BS or BSW Required. MSW, MS or MA in human services related field preferred.
Minimum: 6 years of progressively responsible experience providing services to families at risk of or experiencing homelessness 2 of which must have been in a supervisory capacity.
Preferred: 8 years of experience as described above with 3 years in supervisory role with administrative experience, personnel management and budgetary responsibility, and extensive experience in program development, and evaluation techniques.
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Team oriented
- Family Focused
- Ability to relate well to children and families
- Excellent management, organizational and planning skills, multi-tasking independently with little supervision
- Above average communication skills, both oral and written
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, especially relating to individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Above average computer skills including proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Publisher
- Experience in working with statistical data; analyzing, report preparation, and presentation
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Our House
At Our House we are game changers. We provide shelter to live and education to thrive. The mission of Our House is to end the cycle of homelessness for families. For over 30 years, Our House has been a beacon of hope for families experiencing homelessness. We practice a two generational approach in our work to ensure a self-sufficient family for every child.