Director of Experiental Education
- Experience Level
Honeymoon Israel (HMI) provides immersive trips to Israel for locally based cohorts of couples that have at least one Jewish partner and are early in their committed relationship, creating communities of couples who are building families with meaningful connections to Jewish life and the Jewish people. To date, HMI has run more than 90 trips from 20 cities across the country - bringing more than 1,800 couples to Israel. To read more about Honeymoon Israel and its mission and vision, please see: www.honeymoonisrael.org.
Director of Experiential Education
About the Position
Honeymoon Israel is seeking a full-time professional for the role of Director of Experiential Education (DEE). The DEE is a critical role in the organization as it embarks on its next phase of growth and impact on the global Jewish community.
The DEE will manage the development of HMI’s educational strategy including pre-trip, Israel experience and most especially the post-trip model enabling the organization to fulfill its mission of building communities of couples and families who create deep and meaningful connections to Jewish life and the Jewish people. The DEE will manage a variety of complex projects involving various stakeholders including Rabbis, educators, partner organizations and others.
- You have significant project management experience including leading large-scale projects that involve various types of stakeholders from inception to conclusion
- You are a strategic thinker and communicator and are comfortable synthesizing large amounts of ideas and data into presentations and written reports
- You are passionate about HMI’s mission and have significant experience in informal Jewish educational settings
- You are a collaborator with proven excellence both working with and managing processes with teams
- You are passionate about Jewish life, understanding that connection to Judaism can take many forms, and are excited about the impact that transformational experiences can have on one’s identity and future
- You are a self-starter and will thrive working in a virtual office environment with staff members spread throughout the US and Israel
- Oversee a variety of projects, workgroups and initiatives with Rabbis, educational organizations and others leading to a robust educational vision and implementation plan covering the entire HMI experience including pre-trip, Israel experience and especially post-trip
- Work with partner organizations and lead Rabbis/educators on designing and implementing a rabbi/educator training program
- Manage collaboration with organizational partners that will develop educational materials and curricula
- Manage project reporting and budget tracking
- Plan and implement local and national trainings and convenings as needed
- Document and share best practices in the field on an ongoing basis
- Collaborate with rabbinical schools and serve as a liaison to create a pipeline program for rabbis/educators in training
- Share HMI’s learnings and strategies to the Jewish community more broadly
- 7-9 years of full time experience working on managing increasingly complex projects and partnerships
- Extensive experience in informal Jewish educational and/or Jewish non-profit organizations
- Experience leading groups to Israel or facilitating other Jewish immersive educational experiences
- Familiarity with facilitating and explaining Jewish educational experience
- Has a “Jewish peoplehood” orientation with an emphasis on being inclusive of interfaith couples
- Creativity and flexibility
- Ability to and comfort with working remotely
- Open to pushing and redefining the boundaries of Jewish life
- Ability to work in a high-functioning, collaborative and virtual style with other members of the HMI team
- Has high-level writing and communication skills
- This position will report directly to the Chief Strategy Officer
- Candidates must reside on the East Coast of the USA. Travel will be required approximately twice per year to Israel and somewhat regular travel within the U.S.
- Benefits include individual medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance coverage, as well as participation in the 403(b) retirement plan with an employer matching program. HMI has an unlimited vacation policy.
- Honeymoon Israel is committed to creating a safe, respectful and equitable work environment. As an equal opportunity employer, HMI fills each position by the best-qualified applicant available. The organization does not discriminate against employees or applicants on any legally protected basis, including, but not limited to, race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, veteran's status, age, or disability which does not interfere with an individual's ability to perform the essential functions of his or her job position with or without reasonable accommodation
To apply: Please apply by June 3 by submitting a resume and cover letter including salary needs to email@example.com. Please include title of job in the subject line of the email. We will review applications and screen promising candidates on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Early applications are encouraged.