Re-Entry Social Worker III
- Experience Level
RE-ENTRY SOCIAL WORKER III
County of San Mateo
The San Mateo County Human Services Agency is seeking a qualified Re-entry Social Worker III. The current vacancy is located at Service Connect, within the Employment Services division of the Human Services Agency. Service Connect is San Mateo County's multidisciplinary re-entry program, supporting high risk individuals recently released from prison or jail to reintegrate back into the community. The Re-entry Social Worker III will provide case management services to adults and their families to provide ongoing support, assist with stabilization and assist with removing barriers to successful employment and re-entry post-incarceration. The Re-entry Social Worker will conduct comprehensive needs assessments to determine service areas and work as part of an interdepartmental collaborative service model.
Re-entry Social Workers III are expected to exercise a substantial degree of independence and initiative in carrying out their assignments. The Re-entry Social Worker III will conduct comprehensive assessments at intake and will provide ongoing case management activities for the participants, which may include:
- Conduct psychosocial needs assessments of clients referred for services.
- Engage in multidisciplinary team meetings or other activities to support the collaborative service model, located both in an out of custody settings.
- Complete necessary documents, paperwork and work within different information technology systems.
- Conduct case studies and develop casework plans.
- Provide skilled casework services to clients and their relatives.
- Assist clients participating in subsidized employment programs and address behavior related barriers to obtaining and maintaining employment.
- Interpret State, County and departmental rules and regulations to applicants, clients' relatives and the general public.
- Assist clients in meeting a variety of emergency needs, including financial, housing, legal and emotional crises.
- Respond to requests for information and make referrals to appropriate workers, community-based organizations or departments.
- Gather and maintain current information on community resources and disseminate information to staff.
- Prepare reports, case records and correspondence.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A Master's Degree in Social Work.
- Experience with and understanding of the needs unique to the adult re-entry population, specifically in the barriers to employment.
- Ability to develop creative, goal-oriented, time-limited case plans that address a multitude of client barriers to success.
- Strong skills in the areas of decision-making, client engagement, crisis management and advocacy.
- Superior organizational skills to manage a large caseload and related documents.
- Proficient computer skills to use database systems, as well as Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Excellent writing/documentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a Multi-Disciplinary Team, providing services in coordination with partner agencies.
Requires satisfactory completion of 36 semester units of Social Welfare and/or appropriate behavioral science courses, along with 3 years of experience performing duties comparable to those of a Social Worker II or higher in San Mateo County. Possession of a Master's Degree in Social Work from an accredited school of Social Work and two years of experience performing duties comparable to those of a Social Worker II or higher in San Mateo County. Must have a California class C driver license or equivalent.
Final Date for Filing: May 20, 2019
To learn more about the position and to apply online, please visit our website at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sanmateo/jobs/2436485/re-entry-social-worker-iii-open-and-promotional. Applications are only accepted online and a supplemental application form must be submitted in addition to our regular employment application form. EOE