Talent Development Specialist - Instructional Designer
- Experience Level
Do you have a passion for developing and delivering creative instructional design solutions? Would you like to apply your knowledge and skills to support socially responsible, independent, and community-owned grocery stores?
National Co+op Grocers (NCG) is seeking an energetic and experienced learning professional with a history of high performance to help food co-ops across the country develop their knowledge and skills by creating and delivering engaging training courses.
This position will be responsible for designing and developing learning solutions for co-op staff and management. The ideal candidate will be someone who has creative and technical writing skill and experience developing eLearning and/or instructor-led training courses, who wants to have a direct impact on the success of food co-ops, their suppliers, and their communities. This position will be based out of NCG’s St. Paul, MN office and requires up to 20% business travel. Relocation assistance is available for this opportunity!
- Design and develop learning experiences in multiple subject areas, including e-learning, webinar, in-person, and blended programs.
- Leverage knowledge of and skill in instructional design principles and best practices while creating and writing content.
- Work with internal subject matter experts to create content for training programs and tools while ensuring talent programs meet learner needs.
- Work with external consultants and facilitators to examine program quality, and prepare them for delivery of NCG-owned content, ensuring programs meet learner needs.
- Lead coordination and delivery of programs, including ensuring successful management of registrations, materials, instructors, and other logistics. Attend or host virtual and in-person sessions as appropriate.
- Occasionally facilitate workshops, small group activities, or other programs where subject matter expertise aligns with program content.
- Bachelor's degree or above in relevant field required; advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ work experience in instructional design, learning and development, or other directly relevant field required; 7+ years preferred.
- Knowledge of adult learning theory, best practices of instructional design and learning transfer.
- Knowledge of and experience developing content in Articulate Storyline preferred.
- Facilitation and instructor skills preferred.
Our team members are our most-valued asset; we offer a generous salary and benefits package including 4 weeks PTO at hire, medical, dental, vision, company paid Life/ Disability/ Long Term Care insurance, HSA/FSA with company contribution, a matching 401K plan with profit sharing and much more.
Conveniently located between St. Paul and Minneapolis
2610 University Ave W, Suite 150 | St. Paul, MN 55114
Free Parking | Front Door Light Rail Station (Westgate - Green Line)
About NCG: National Co+op Grocers (NCG), founded in 1999, is a business services cooperative for retail food co-ops located throughout the United States. We represent 145 food co-ops operating over 200 stores in 37 states with combined annual sales over $2.1 billion and over 1.3 million consumer-owners. NCG helps unify natural food co-ops in order to optimize operational and marketing resources, strengthen purchasing power, and ultimately offer more value to natural food co-op owners and shoppers everywhere. By providing a variety of purchasing, management, development, marketing and other services, our co-ops are able to gain many of the advantages large grocery chains enjoy, while still reflecting the unique qualities of their local communities. For a map of NCG member and associate co-ops, visit our Find-a-Co-op page. To learn more about co-ops, visit www.strongertogether.coop.
Apply by: May 21, 2019
Individuals with Disabilities - National Co+op Grocers wants all interested and qualified candidates to be able to use this career site to review and apply for employment opportunities. If you have a disability and need an accommodation to access this site, please contact us for assistance at (866) 709-2667 ext. 2992.
Equal Opportunity - National Co+op Grocers is an equal opportunity employer. We hire qualified individuals without regard to age, race, color, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, creed, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, status with regard to public assistance, pregnancy, physical/sensory/mental disability, genetic disposition, veteran or military status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, arrest or conviction record, or any other protected category in accordance with applicable laws.