Program Associate, CRCSE Initiative
- Position Type
- Full Time
National Center for Youth Law
The National Center for Youth Law (NCYL) advances justice by defending the rights of children and improving the systems impacting their lives. We focus on complex challenges that disproportionately impact children and communities of color and on solutions that require multiple public systems to change their policies, practices and culture.
NCYL is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion. We strive to embrace and encourage the collective sum of individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent our employees invest in their work that represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and organization's success.
Collaborative Responses to Commercial Sexual Exploitation Initiative
Children and youth across the country are at risk for commercial sexual exploitation. California is home to three of the 13 hubs for commercial sexual exploitation of children and youth—namely Los Angeles, San Diego, and San Francisco. Those who have experienced childhood trauma and interacted with public systems like child welfare and juvenile justice are at increased risk for such exploitation.
The Collaborative Responses to Commercial Sexual Exploitation Initiative (CRCSE) seeks to reduce the number of children and youth who experience commercial sexual exploitation and support young people who have been or are at high risk of being exploited. The initiative brings together public agencies and community partners to change perceptions, build trust, develop and implement policy, and transform systems and community responses. Informed by and in collaboration with survivors of commercial sexual exploitation (CSE), our objective is to support children, youth, and families who have been affected by CSE to heal and achieve their goals. We are a state and national leader in the fight against commercial sexual exploitation of children and youth.
NCYL seeks a dynamic, passionate, organized, and self-assured Program Associate to join the CRCSE team. The Program Associate will report to the Director of the Initiative and work closely with all members of the CRCSE team, as well as with our national, state, local and community partners, including extensive work with the California Commercially Sexually Exploited Children (CSEC) Action Team, a statewide, multidisciplinary coalition that meets on a quarterly basis and includes a Survivor Advisory Board. The position is a great opportunity for an individual who is motivated to gain or advance skills at the intersection of commercial sexual exploitation, child welfare, juvenile justice, policy, and authentic survivor engagement.
Core responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
As Program Associate on the NCYL Collaborative Responses to Commercial Sexual Exploitation Initiative:
- Provide logistical support to the team, including scheduling, planning and supporting facilitation of internal and external meetings, agenda setting, note taking, managing listservs and internal filing systems;
- Provide technology support, including videoconferencing (e.g. Zoom, Google Hangouts), customer relationship management systems (e.g. Salesforce), basic technology needs (computer, cloud servers, email and calendar programs), and rollout of new technology systems;
- Support team in developing and finalizing high quality written materials, as needed, including drafting and proofreading sample policies, guidance, reports, articles, workshop/conference proposals, webinars, FAQs, and more;
- Support the development of internal and external communications materials, such as web and social media content, and manage team social media accounts;
- Participate in national and state coalitions around commercial sexual exploitation and marginalized or at-risk children;
- Coordinate NCYL proposals and prepare presentations for national conferences on law, policy and commercial sexual exploitation;
- Track and monitor state and national legislation related to commercial sexual exploitation;
- Identify opportunities and coordinate engagement with other NCYL teams/campaigns and NCYL support teams including communications, development and external affairs;
- Support development tasks such as drafting progress reports and project managing the process of submitting proposals;
- Support academic and factual research; and
- Support the statewide CSEC Action Team by working closely with the Director of CRCSE and our partners in the following ways:
- Coordinate, plan and manage logistics related to the quarterly CSEC Action Team meetings, including but not limited to: coordination with speakers, development of slide deck, note taking, distribution of agendas and meeting minutes, collection and analysis of meeting surveys, and oversight of the technological platform;
- Plan, co-facilitate, and complete follow up for the bi-weekly CSEC Action Team’s leadership and staff meetings;
- Plan, co-facilitate, and complete follow up for monthly regular meetings with the California Department of Social Services’ (CDSS) Child Trafficking Response Unit (CTRU);
- Coordinate and manage logistics of the first-of-its-kind statewide survivor Advisory Board, including quarterly meetings, work groups, external consultations and professional development opportunities;
- Engage authentically with survivors (both youth and adults) of commercial sexual exploitation; and
- Manage CSEC Action Team grants and contracts in coordination with partners, including production of quarterly progress reports and final reports.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and written and oral communications skills;
- Ability to pay close attention to details, manage multiple assignments, and work with a diverse set of stakeholders and partners;
- Excellent project management skills;
- Commitment to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion;
- Computer proficiency and ability to learn new technology and explain them to others
- Ability to work independently, as well as work on a team; and
- Ability to engage in some travel within California; and
- Commitment to NCYL’s mission.
- Experience working to end the commercial sexual exploitation of children and young adults, or experience with the child welfare, juvenile justice, or adolescent health systems;
- Experience engaging with CSE survivors and experience working with young people and adults who have been marginalized, particularly system-involved young people, young people of Color, and/or survivors of violence, sexual or otherwise.
The position will be based in NCYL’s Oakland or Los Angeles office.
Salary & Benefits:
This is a full-time position in either Oakland or Los Angeles, California. This is a non-exempt position with a salary of $60,000. NCYL provides health, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, vacation and sick benefits and an employer contribution to a retirement plan.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter, resume or CV, and three professional references (all in PDF).
Applicants with personal experience within a public system, applicants of Color, and those who will increase the diversity of NCYL are strongly encouraged to apply.
NCYL is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, age, ethnic background, sex, disability, size, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, marital status, personal appearance, family responsibilities, matriculation, or genetic information.
More searches like this
- Administrative / Clerical Youth Development $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Oakland
- Advocacy / Lobbying Youth Development $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Oakland
- Development / Fundraising Youth Development $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Oakland
- Event Planning Youth Development $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Oakland
- Marketing / Communications Youth Development $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Oakland