Administrative and Program Associate
- Position Type
- Full Time
Administrative and Program Associate
National Center for Youth Law
The National Center for Youth Law (NCYL) advances justice by defending the rights of children and improving the systems impacting their lives. We focus on complex challenges that disproportionately impact children and communities of color and on solutions that require multiple public systems to change their policies, practices and culture.
NCYL is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion. We strive to embrace and encourage the collective sum of individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent our employees invest in their work that represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and organization's success.
The position will report to the Senior Director of Finance & Operations and will be a member of NCYL’s fun loving, energetic, and growing Operations Team. The position will be located in Oakland, CA, but will support NCYL’s work and staff across all projects and locations. It’s a perfect position for someone seeking to learn about working in a non-profit, children’s policy issues, and efforts to protect the rights of children in the current political and cultural environment.
- Supporting teams with conference calling, webinar systems, and basic technology needs (computers, cloud server, email, calendar and software);
- Assist program staff with project managing grant reports and grant proposals, and occasionally drafting reports
- Assisting program staff with communications efforts, including social media;
- Conducting research; drafting, editing and formatting documents; printing and filing;
- Coordinating and planning events, retreats, trainings, staff celebrations and meetings, including drafting agendas, taking minutes, ordering food and securing venues;
- Providing a full range of operational support including processing incoming and outgoing mail, greeting visitors, answering phones, responding to email, and completing other operations tasks as needed;
- Assisting with hiring, onboarding and training of new staff;
- Processing invoices, receipts, bank deposit and reconciliations;
- Preparing for and attending board meetings;
- Managing relationships with outside vendors;
- Ordering supplies and equipment for Oakland and off-site staff;
- Maintaining general upkeep of the Oakland office;
- Managing general facility maintenance requests; interfacing with building management;
- Operational and facility support to off-site staff;
- Completing additional projects and tasks as assigned.
- Industrious spirit and can-do attitude
- Friendly demeanor, customer service orientation
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently but also perform in a team environment
- Computer proficiency, competency in Word, Excel
- Ability to learn new technology and explain them to others
- Strong belief in NCYL’s values and mission
- Competency in Adobe Acrobat, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Salesforce, Zoom and WordPress
- Experience planning events
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time position, non-exempt position with a salary of $60,000. NCYL provides health, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, vacation and sick benefits and an employer contribution to a retirement plan.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references through the link below. No phone calls or emails please.
Applicants of color, and those who will increase the diversity of NCYL are strongly encouraged to apply.
NCYL is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, age, ethnic background, sex, disability, size, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, marital status, personal appearance, family responsibilities, matriculation, or genetic information.