Senior Program Manager of Operations
- Position Type
- Full Time
The Senior Program Manager of Operations is a key member of Safe & Sound who oversees the human and technology systems that support outcomes and long-term goals across the organization. This position also provides strategic management of the Safe & Sound operational infrastructure and programmatic support functions at both of Safe & Sound’s locations (in the Haight Ashbury and Bayview neighborhoods), including office systems, facilities, IT, safety & security systems, vendor management, tenant relations, and general program support.
This position will report to the Chief Finance & Operations Officer (CFOO), directly supervise a team of Operations Coordinators, and be responsible for approximately six (6) staff in total, as well as contractors.
Leadership and Administration
- Develops and implements annual and future infrastructure plan(s) and budget(s) in collaboration with CFOO. Operations budget is approximately $1 million annually, accounting for 12% of the total organizational budget.
- Responsible for supporting program and operations of both Safe & Sound sites and providing connection and integration across the organization’s locations and strategy areas along with CFOO and program leaders.
- Responsible for joint leadership of Safe & Sound’s Operations teams, including staff culture, performance management, and outcomes in collaboration with Leadership Team.
- Responsible to Safe & Sound’s clients, including individuals, families, communities, and partners.
- Foster positive organizational culture that aligns with mission and values including diversity, equity, and inclusion, along with our foundational commitment to trauma-informed principles and practices.
- Accountable for ensuring organizational infrastructure systems are efficient and effective. Develops and implements annual and future facilities and IT plan(s), budget(s), and operational metrics.
- Recruit, train, and supervise staff teams.
- Provide monthly department reports on all activities for Board, other directors, community partners, funders, and others as requested.
- Handles high level of confidential and sensitive information.
- Collaborate with Leadership Team to manage Safe & Sound’s government contracts to ensure compliance and successful completion of contract goals.
- Collaborate with Leadership Team to develop and monitor programmatic workplans across all program areas.
Office and Administrative Systems
- Assess and address workforce office equipment needs, including overseeing the repair, maintenance and purchase of office equipment
- Maintain inventories of Safe & Sound office equipment, telephone equipment, and computer network equipment for fixed asset tracking.
- Oversee the maintenance of documentation for facility, computer network &s email system, telephone system, and security & safety procedures/protocols.
- Oversee the provision of basic user support and training to users of Safe & Sound’s computer network, telephone system, Google Apps system, and office equipment.
- Supervise staff responsible for facility and operational management during all hours of operation.
- Oversee building maintenance and repair, working with appropriate vendors, partners/tenants and support staff.
- Responsible for all aspects of facility upgrade projects.
- Oversee onsite and offsite storage of records and program supplies.
- Maintain facility documentation including building permit history and maintenance schedules.
- Attend Board Facility Committee Meetings.
- Key contributor in workstation and company-wide space planning.
Computer Network, Telephone, and Email Systems
- Supervise and coordinate the following with the IT contractors:
- Creation of computer network user accounts and assignment of security rights in accordance with Safe & Sound’s role based access policy.
- Installation of computer software and hardware.
- Completion of onsite and offsite server backups.
- Troubleshooting workstation, server, and computer network issues.
- Manage computer network, email system, and website upgrade projects.
- Acts as Safe & Sound’s Google Applications Administrator which includes maintaining user accounts, email distribution lists, and creation of center-wide shared calendars.
- Update and maintain Safe & Sound’s short term and long term IT plans with assistance from IT consultants.
- Supervise and coordinate the following with the PBX and Avaya telephone system contractors:
- Creation and assignment of voicemails, call & voicemail forwarding, direct dial numbers, distribution groups, and paging groups.
- Installation of software and hardware.
- Programming changes to the Automated Call Distribution system.
- Troubleshooting system failures.
- Testing emergency back-up equipment and procedures.
- Manage telephone system upgrade projects.
Security & Safety Systems
- Train staff on Safe & Sound’s Emergency Response Plan and update plan annually including needed drills.
- Maintain HIPAA compliance.
- Oversee the maintenance of building security systems including distribution of facility access keys/codes, cameras and monitors, fire life safety systems, and upkeep of facility lockboxes.
- Identify and address Safe & Sound’s security and safety concerns.
Undertake other duties as assigned.
- Progressive Operations experience in the following areas: office management, supervising contractors and administrative staff.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects successfully autonomously and with teams, with minimal supervision.
- Ability to thoughtfully develop/implement short-, medium-, and long- range plans with an eye for detail and follow up/through.
- Ability to effectively problem-solve and address ground-level challenges while maintaining alignment with overall organizational goals.
- Ability to work tactfully and effectively with representatives of city agencies, community-based organizations, and the community at large.
- Ability to work with diverse staff and client populations as well as with two locations with related but distinct cultures, partners and needs.
- Excellent judgment and emotional intelligence, including a track record of employing emotional fortitude, awareness, and skill to navigate, with calmness and confidence, complex and difficult relationships and interactions between staff.
- Interpersonal ability to build trust and goodwill with staff across the organization.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with an ability to listen and observe, to convey expectations clearly, to maintain an accurate and constant flow of information, and to handle sensitive information in an appropriate manner.
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Position will be reference-checked and fingerprinted
- Typical Working Conditions: Standard office conditions with some work in the basement for storage management purpose.
- Equipment Used: Computer, phone, fax, copier,printer.
- Essential Physical Tasks: Occasional travel within the Bay Area, particularly between the two locations; Occasional light lifting required.
Safe & Sound is committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive full consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and a detailed cover letter to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More searches like this
- Administrative / Clerical Mental Health / Crisis Intervention Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Facilities / Equipment Mental Health / Crisis Intervention Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Program / Project Management Mental Health / Crisis Intervention Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Technology / Data Management Mental Health / Crisis Intervention Full Time jobs in San Francisco