- Experience Level
The Garrison Institute is seeking a Program Associate who is passionate about our mission and supporting our programmatic efforts to affect deep and lasting social and environmental change in the world. Our Associate provides administrative, coordination and development support to the Director of Programs. The Garrison Institute’s current principal areas of programmatic focus include: Care for the Caregivers and our Contemplative Based Resilience Training Program; Transformational and Contemplative Ecology; and Transformational Leadership and Organizational Change.
To learn more about our Program areas, please visit our website at:
Essential Functions for the position include:
- Coordinates logistics, orders supplies and materials for both on-site and off-site trainings and other program related events
- Prepares and updates training materials and related programmatic documents.
- Supports Director in identifying, researching and cultivating relationships with strategic partners, donors and other related organizations.
- Maintains database for program related contacts, assigns appropriate codes, and conducts mail merges, contact lists, and various reports.
- Serves as a recorder at meetings and trainings producing minutes or notes for report writing purposes.
- Supports Director with administrative and clerical assistance such as scheduling, helping with travel arrangements and in preparing materials for meetings with key contacts and partners.
- Provides a support role to assist the Development Department with related project grant proposals, preparing briefing packets, helping with donor activities and/or fundraising events.
- Assists with maintaining various online communities such as blogs and social media.
- Conducts various research tasks for program related contacts and/or fields of interest.
- Processes expense reimbursements and invoices for the Director while ensuring compliance with GI financial guidelines.
- Responds to general program inquiries and shares informational materials.
- Compiles data from training evaluations to create summaries and reports.
- Provides telephone backup support to administrative assistants
- Additional programmatic tasks and responsibilities may be assigned by the Director as needed
Job Requirements and Qualifications for this role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in one or our program’s related field of study such as social work, public health, education, social sciences or religious studies
- Keen interest and relevant experience with contemplative practices and methodology
- Administrative/clerical experience preferably with a non-profit organization
- Proven organizational skills with strong attention to details and the ability to follow up
- Experience organizing events, meetings and/or trainings and particularly those with multi-organizational attendance and over 30 attendees
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to review/synthesize academic or scholarly articles
- Proficiency with computers including using MS-Office, relational databases, PowerPoint presentations and internet savvy
- General bookkeeping, program and event budgeting skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects concurrently while working collaboratively as part of a team
- Possesses flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities
- Occasional weekends and non-traditional work hours are required to support trainings and events
- Some travel may be required
Please send a resume, cover letter, writing samples to: HR Director via email email@example.com.
About the Garrison Institute
Founded in 2003, the Garrison Institute is a not-for-profit, non-sectarian organization exploring the intersection of contemplation and engaged action in the world.
The mission of the Garrison Institute is to apply the transformative power of contemplation to today’s pressing social and environmental concerns, helping to build a more just and compassionate future.
The Garrison Institute is an equal-opportunity employer.
Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Administrative / Clerical Science / Technology $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in Garrison
- Development / Fundraising Science / Technology $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in Garrison
- Event Planning Science / Technology $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in Garrison
- Program / Project Management Science / Technology $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in Garrison
- Research Science / Technology $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in Garrison