We. Love. Parks. At the SF Parks Alliance, we work with more than 200 partner organizations, city agencies, and everyday citizens to ensure that our treasured city parks and green open spaces thrive in communities throughout San Francisco. As we expand to serve even more parks and people, we are seeking a Staff Accountant to join our team! If you’re creative, forward thinking, fun, enthusiastic, and interested in helping shape the future of parks in San Francisco, let’s talk.
Working under limited supervision, the Accountant, Financial & Contracts Analyst maintains and analyzes accounting records, schedules, contract budgets and financial statements; prepares journal entries and reconciles ledger accounts; oversees all billing/invoicing for the organization; ensures compliance with government agency policies and procedures, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, and the Organization’s policies and procedures. May assist in the preparation of federal, state, and local tax returns. Reports to the Director of Finance and Operations.
Primary Job Functions:
• Prepare accounting entries to numerous registers, journals and logs.
• Support accounts payable activities to ensure accuracy and timeliness of invoice creation and entry.
• Perform monthly bank settlements.
• Prepare regular balance sheet account reconciliations.
• Generate monthly journal entries to record administrative fees and revenues.
• Assist with preparation of federal, state and local tax returns.
• Assist in finance software system transition & creating new procedures and best practices
Contract Management & Analysis
• Work with program staff to assure financial reporting needs are met.
• Review and approve check requests prepared by partner organizations in accordance with their budgets
• Prepare financial analyses on projects, contracts, and partners as needed.
• Create and maintain a log of all invoices produced by organization and track payments.
• Create invoices for reimbursable grants/contracts and track through accounts receivable.
• Establish system for managing all reimbursement billings and track reimbursements against billings.
• Where needed, improve accounting procedures to ensure efficiency and accuracy, and document accordingly.
• Assist with annual audit.
• Assist with audits conducted by San Francisco City Agencies.
Experience & Qualifications:
• Minimum 2 years of experience in accounting and/or contract management and/or financial analysis (non-profit experience a plus).
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business, or a related degree with equivalent accounting experience.
• Proficiency with Google Suite, Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat Pro and enterprise-wide accounting systems (Financial Edge or Sage Intacct experience a plus)
• Previous experience in any of the following areas: managing reimbursable contracts, accounts receivable billings, and establishing and documenting accounting processes and procedures.
• Experience and comfort working in a small department where hands-on participation are needed to support the organizational goals
• Ability to read and understand technical forms and financial reports and to explain them to non-finance personnel.
• Ability to maintain integrity of confidential information.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to see the big picture.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail, task management, and prioritization skills.
• Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management and outside partners.
• Ability to take initiative to identify and solve problems with drive, flexibility, resourcefulness and creativity.
• Motivated by opportunities to create efficiencies, implement new systems, and work with people to achieve organizational goals.
The Accountant, Financial & Contract Analyst is a full-time (40 hours) exempt position. Exempt employees are expected to work the appropriate and necessary time in order to complete key assignments and related tasks on schedule.
• Reports to: Director of Finance and Operations
• Department: Administration / Finance
• Preferred start date: mid to late May 2019
• Schedule: Monday-Friday
SF Parks Alliance offers a salary of $60k to $80k, commensurate with experience and skills, and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a generous vacation policy, medical, dental, vision, chiropractic/acupuncture, flexible spending accounts, Basic Life/AD&D insurance, and a 410(k) program with a match component.
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume and cover letter to "firstname.lastname@example.org" with your full name and the position title in the subject line. The deadline for submission is May 17th at 5:00 p.m. San Francisco Parks Alliance is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants of all races, gender, gender identities, and sexual orientations to apply.