Contract Registered Dietitian --Southwest Atlanta Area
6 days left
- Position Type
- Contract / Freelance
Jewish Family & Career Services of Atlanta (JF&CS) provides health, career and human services to support and enhance the well-being of individuals and families across all ages, faiths, cultures and lifestyles. Its more than 30 programs serve a variety of populations, including children, teens, parents and older adults. JF&CS is now seeking a Contract Registered Dietitian for the Southwest Atlanta Area.
Purpose: To reduce preventable secondary diseases and nutrition related illnesses through health screening and health promotion activities, including nutritional assessment, counseling, intervention, and workshops, to high risk older adults residing in the SW Atlanta area..
- Educate and advise clients with diet-related disorders on the practical ways in which they can improve their health by adopting healthier eating habits.
- Develop and monitor specific nutrition interventions based on assessment and other information, for individuals at high risk for secondary diseases and nutrition related illness
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team to support clients' in following recommended dietary guidelines and health goals
- Write reports and case notes and maintain accurate records
- Develop and educate clients about meal plans and shopping strategies
- Provide services at more than one of the agency’s locations as well as in client homes and community locations in the SW Atlanta area.
- If programming funds are available:
- Develop and conduct health and wellness workshops and provide cooking demonstrations to a range of audiences, including seniors and low income populations
- Educate other professionals about health and nutrition
- Advise staff at senior centers and other facilities about the specific dietary requirements for their community
- Prepare information packs, flyers and other promotional materials
- Must possess excellent clinical skills
- Must possess excellent communication skills
- Must possess an excellent knowledge of nutritional interventions effective with persons with developmental disabilities
- Must have a working knowledge of nutritional interventions for the following diseases/conditions, including, but not limited to: diabetes, kidney disease, and obesity
- Must possess excellent knowledge of community resources
- Must be able to function both independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Must have excellent decision making abilities
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum registered and licensed dietitian (in the state of Georgia); bachelors or masters in health sciences with an emphasis in nutrition or related field; experience working with seniors, Developmentally Disabled/Intellectually Disabled and low-income populations highly preferred. Dietary counseling experience preferred.