Institutional Grant Writer
- Experience Level
Montalvo Arts Center is seeking an experienced, energetic, and highly organized individual to join our outstanding Development Team. Working alongside the Development Director and Annual Campaigns Manager, the Institutional Grant Writer will maintain and steward the current institutional funding portfolio as well as identify and write prospective grant proposals.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Generate all correspondence including LOI’s, RFP’s, and full proposals and applications for foundation, corporate and government funders
- Oversee the preparation, assembly, and delivery of proposal documents.
- Track and record cultivation, recognition and stewardship activity for institutional gifts program in Tessitura.
- Oversee and write interim and final reports along with Program Managers.
- Develop statistical tracking of all programs, including constituent demographic information for grant purposes.
- Ensure the timely submission of the DataArts document to current and prospective funders.
- Ensure that the SAM (System for Award Management) is current for government proposals.
- Develop appropriate cultivation strategies for all prospective funders and initiate contact.
- Research funding proposal requirements and submittal deadlines and maintain report deadline calendar.
- Work with Program Managers to determine goals and objectives, scope, feasibility, and funding needs for programs.
- Perform other related duties as required.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or five or more years of experience in grant development or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the necessary level of skill, knowledge, and ability.
- Fundraising for the performing arts a plus.
- Strong writing skills with the ability to produce compelling, persuasive, and well written grant proposals in the 'voice' of the organization.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with particular attention to detail and capacity to multi-task under pressure.
- Proficient in research, interpreting and analyzing diverse data.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to achieve goals. Use independent judgment and produce a quality product within tight time constraints.
- Highly motivated, positive person with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and Microsoft Outlook.
- Experience with Tessitura software strongly preferred.
Working Conditions & Physical Tasks:
This position requires the ability to communicate via voice telephone, read and understand written communication, and generate written communication using a computer. Candidate must also have the ability to sit at a desk for extended periods, lift and move documents and supplies up to 25 lbs., and bend or reach to file and retrieve documents. The position involves regular local travel; valid driver’s license and access to own vehicle is required. Occasional out-of-area and/or international travel may be required. The position requires occasional evening and weekend availability.
Salary/Benefits: Salary commensurate with experience. Montalvo offers a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply, please submit a cover letter describing your skills and experience related to this position, and include your reasons for wanting to apply for this position, along with your detailed resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Resumes without cover letter or salary requirements will not be considered. Please do not call about this position. Position is open until filled. Applications will be screened for qualifications and experience. Not all applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be offered an interview.
For more detailed information about Montalvo Arts Center visit our website at montalvoarts.org.
Montalvo Arts Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants who contribute to the diversity of our organization are encouraged to apply.